Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Official AFC Wimbledon v Brighton & Hove Albion Match Thread

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought that he was one of the better players after they scored their 2nd goal and we got more organised but he is no where near good enough yet for consideration for the squad. or even a cup place.

Trouble was for both goals positionally he was all over the place, perhaps he is normally right sided.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So are you putting the blame on him rather than Duffy but it was interesting to note taking into account your comment that when White came oin he went right CB and left Barclay on the left. Will reserve judgement on Button.until I have seen more of him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So are you putting the blame on him rather than Duffy but it was interesting to note taking into account your comment that when White came oin he went right CB and left Barclay on the left. Will reserve judgement on Button.until I have seen more of him.

Both culpable...... Like Bong last week, I would rather they make errors/switch off now than at Watford......

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It was Duffys mistake which led to their goal

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Official AFC Wimbledon v Brighton & Hove Albion Match Thread

Through Seagulls TV on the club app on my iPhone. Must admit I feel bad during the season when people complain about it as I’ve never had a problem.

Ah ok, I was going through MS Edge, using Seagulls Player.

Might try that if Charlton is live

Thanks

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Not surprising result off the back of some really intense preseason training plus Wimbledon are a good two weeks ahead of us as their season starts earlier than ours.

It's about combinations trying out who works with who or what's needs formation wise

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was on Chrome for the whole game. good coverage my only problem is that I restored my lap top yesterday and it didnt show a connection to go full screen not sure if is linked with the restore

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
That is rubbish. For the first 20 mins Locadia jogged around and did absolutely nothing. In that time he had one shot which i think the ball left the stadium. After that he was put through on a couple of occasions to chase which he did but poor finishing. Not once did he win as a free kick like what Murray does or a single header.
Button couldn't do much about the goals. Thought he was ok and his distribution fine.

Is he taller than Ryan by any chance?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It was Duffys mistake which led to their goal

For the first goal Barclay won the initial header but failed to recover in time and mark his man when the ball was played back in. He looked round hoping the scorer was offside but no such luck. And Barclay failed to clear the cross for the second.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
That's a major concern. Thought the club might have flogged him to death on the fitness front over the summer and focussed him on being a PL footballer, rather than being a so-so DJ who dabbles in football in his spare time. Oh well, you can take the boy out out of The Netherlands, but you can't take etc.

He did well to get in behind the defence so often and it was encouraging that Gross was looking for his runs and sending him through on goal. A little work to be done on what happened after that ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here