Interested in the Davis Cup

• Yes, "Come on Tim"

Votes: 29 69.0%
  • Nah, Tennis is shite

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Normally I couldn't give a shite as Tennis is the one sport I find it really really hard to engage in. As, however, I'm on Murray to be SPOTY (admittedly because I thought he'd do well at Wimbledon, nothing to do with this), I'm in.

Come On Scotchland

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I am as it happens. These are the great days for British tennis - based on one family it seems. I am a bit nervous about the confidence in our victory - we are not at home and Belgium do have a top 16 player, and it is not our surface choice, and ............... but we should win.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Passing interest but it doesn't seem quite right that a country can be deemed to be the best based almost entirely on the performances of one bloke (with a little bit of help from his brother who happens to be good at doubles).

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We could be WORLD champions for the first time in 79 years, massive match. We were languishing in Division 3 just four years ago.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I am

but the format helps us in that if you've got one world class player, which we have, all you need is a solid doubles pair or the odd good performance/shock in other singles rubber and you win. Saying that it will be brilliant to win the Davis Cup considering I remember us being knocked out by countries like Ecuador in the third tier not long ago.

3-2 GB

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Davis Cup always an entertaining watch. James Ward had a cracking win or 2 that got us this far so it's not all about Murray. Think we will prevail 3-2.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Absolutely BLISTERING start

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Don't mind watching the odd bit of tennis, but I can't abide the happy clappy "lets go Andy clap clap" types that seem to make up the majority of the crowd. All a bit jolly hockey sticks, rah rah rah for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here