Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed Injured - BBC

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Good if he misses the game this evening ..he normally comes back knackered from International duty..hopefully either he or three months out Glen will be available for Saturday

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Izquerdo through the middle for sure if all srtikers injured.

Flair all over the front 3 with Knockaert and March either side :)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The problem with asking the DS to step up is (based on the MK performance) they are not good enough. Would rather have a proven international in Hemed up front than rely on a youngster from the DS.

No problem in say Tilley being on the bench and coming on, but hopefully Hemed and Murray will be fit for Saturday.

Tilley or Connelly are NOT ready for the Premier League, and would be just bullied out of a game like WBA

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Our luck from last season has well and truly run out it seems.

I thought it was madness starting with 3 strikers back then, but apparently it was proved the right thing to do. Similarly I could lump my life savings on black and win and say it was the right thing to do.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Takes a special kind of person to treat one of our players being injured as good news. Real classy.

And Hemed is on how much a week? I really couldn't give a toss if he's on the pitch or sat in hospital. He doesn't need my pity the squad is much more important than his legs/groin/whatever

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
IMG_6236.JPG

I have a carving for moments like this

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Well it will force the managers hand somewhat if he can't play. It's not this that concerns me but the style played by wba were we need all the height and physicality to cope on set plays etc.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Tilley or Connelly are NOT ready for the Premier League, and would be just bullied out of a game like WBA

Correct. Especially Tilley.

For me, against a WBA team that lack pace.. presuming no Hemed or Murray available.

------------------------- Ryan------------------------
Bruno--------- Dunk-------Duffy-------Suttner
---------------Stephens -----Sidwell------------
-----------------------------Propper-------------------
Knockeart----------Izquerdo-------------March

We'd get hammered of course, but it might be fun for five minutes.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Agreed. But some are saying start Tilley up front!

He's a winger isn't he? Certainly looked like one whenever I've seen him. If anyone goes up front it'd be Connelly who is a striker. Got a bit more of a physical game than Tilley IMO, but neither of them are even close to the step up.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
He's hurt, well his feelings are after some of the abuse he gets on here. :D

Agreed. Not his fault that he is our only fit striker is it? Wasn't his fault that the club wanted to ship him out and made that clear to him. That must have done wonders for his morale.

He did well for us in the Championship but he may well be short of PL class. Certainly he isn't going to be a goalscorer playing as a lone striker in CH's "park the bus" system.

But none of that is his fault.

Put the boot into the club for their cluster**** of another transfer window but kicking our only fit (?) striker really isn't going to help.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He's a winger isn't he? Certainly looked like one whenever I've seen him. If anyone goes up front it'd be Connelly who is a striker. Got a bit more of a physical game than Tilley IMO, but neither of them are even close to the step up.

Considering the size of the West Brom defence Connelly would be a very interesting choice indeed :moo:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Correct. Especially Tilley.

For me, against a WBA team that lack pace.. presuming no Hemed or Murray available.

------------------------- Ryan------------------------
Bruno--------- Dunk-------Duffy-------Suttner
---------------Stephens -----Sidwell------------
-----------------------------Propper-------------------
Knockeart----------Izquerdo-------------March

We'd get hammered of course, but it might be fun for five minutes.

That line up would actually terrorise their defence and is the only sensible option.

Do it CH, you know it makes sense.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
You just know if we had spunked £25m on Janssen he would have snapped his ankle in the Bulgaria game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here