Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We should have bought Krull on a one year contract..,,

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sorry you are trashing the meaning of the word hindsight. Realising that we had not signed a striker is perfectly bloody obvious foresight

I often use that response to "Hindsight is a wonderful thing", mine being ".. but foresight is golden".

But in the last day of the transfer window all bets are off. Seen what happened at Chelsea today ?

If you are forced to leave it till the last day don't bother deconstructing it beyond left it was left till the last day.

I know that doesn't fill a journalists copy but it is what it is.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Because the deal was not sealed and delivered?

And if we waited, we may have still missed out if he still decided to stay rather than go out on loan to us, but it could also have meant that we also missed out on a 3rd choice keeper too which could prove to be a vital addition between now and the January window.

Deals had to be agreed and submitted before 11pm, and the extension to 1am is to get the paperwork completed and submitted, not to decide on which of several options open to either party is then taken up

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Sorry you are trashing the meaning of the word hindsight. Realising that we had not signed a striker is perfectly bloody obvious foresight

It's such a shame the club were blissfully unaware that it was an area they had to strengthen, it's not like they have spent any time prior to deadline day to try to get someone in

It's like they never even bothered a few months ago to try to lure Tammy Abraham here, or the striker who failed the medical a few weeks back (Dwamena) No, it was all last minute due to a complete oversight by the club

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Then find a keeper that does !! Pretty sure that would be easier to find a keeper vying for a place amongst 2 others than getting a striker on loan whose guaranteed a starting place at 70k a week !!

Sorry, I was in no way implying that I think the second loan should have been used for a keeper.
We've known we've needed a couple of strikers for months, yet our approach of lowballing and pi**ing clubs off has been embarrassing at best. Blocking ourselves by using our other loan option was indeed a f**king master stroke, when Krul signed I felt certain we had a permanent striker in the bag.
By the time January hits we're gonna be needing ten wins to survive. Tony needs to find a better recruitment team by then.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
We knew all day about Krul and yet it wasn't announced officially until just before the deadline. Obviously the club were thinking about this and didn't make the loan official until they were pretty certain of landing a striker. Get real, people.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8103410 said:
Ultimately they gambled and in the end and it back fired spectacularly.

Well, if they've got an agreement with the club for a top player, I would also have taken that bet. And if they hadn't who would they have gone for on loan at short notice? Niasse was busy mucking up our friends in Croydon. Or his agent was.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
OP is spot on - apart from the length of the deal. It should have been 2-3 years.

Kruhl is 29 and his barcodes contract runs out next summer. He's streets ahead of Ryan in pretty much every aspect of goalkeeping and, in particular, has a wealth of Prem experience. it would also appear that he's got no future up there all the time Rafa's in charge.

He should have been signed on a permanent 2-3 year deal as our first choice keeper.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
OP is spot on - apart from the length of the deal. It should have been 2-3 years.

Kruhl is 29 and his barcodes contract runs out next summer. He's streets ahead of Ryan in pretty much every aspect of goalkeeping and, in particular, has a wealth of Prem experience. it would also appear that he's got no future up there all the time Rafa's in charge.

He should have been signed on a permanent 2-3 year deal as our first choice keeper.
I'm guessing as you can't even spell Krul properly that attention to detail isn't a strength. Krul hasn't played much since his career threatening injury and is no longer the top keeper we remember, only a handful of games in the last couple of years. He will be 3rd choice.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Drives me nuts

Why did that happen ? We panicked.

Why did you panic ?

We ran out of time.

5 Why's...love em.

Don't forget to go back up with your 'therefore's" to make sure it works.

Where would you place our transfer window failings on a Ishikowa?

Method? Measurement? Mother-nature?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here