Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

86 Points will be enough

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well not really, half the teams Huddersfield are playing have better goal difference than them. Apart from Birmingham which is a tricky one away all the other teams have decent goal difference (close to Huddersfields, only Cardiff is -3) so doubt they will play any off the park etc.

Our goal difference is THIRTY better than their's, and they played US off the park...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
One more win if we win tomorrow......

If Huddersfield start improving we may need 89 points instead. Still not a problem.

So we only need 86, unless we need 89? OK then... :dunce:

1 game at a time still... how difficult is that?!

Too difficult for some, evidently. Mark my words.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Huddersfield have still got to go to Fulham after this.

By Monday evening we will know if the chase is realistically still on whether mathematically or not.

They are home to Fulham.

And why MONDAY??

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Palin: Can't we do something else for a change?

Idle (Welsh): Like someone who attacks you with a pointed stick?

Sgt.: Pointed stick? Oh, oh, oh. We want to learn how to defend ourselves against pointed sticks, do we? Getting all high and mighty, eh? Fresh fruit not good enough for you eh? Well I'll tell you something my lad. When you're walking home tonight and some homicidal maniac comes after you with a bunch of loganberries, don't come crying to me! Now, the passion fruit. When your assailant lunges at you with a passion fruit...

Sirius76

Banned
Oct 28, 2008
Our goal difference is THIRTY better than their's, and they played US off the park...

I honestly think they will struggle to get to 86 points. They played well against us but don't think we played much for some reason. Also, I think they will be looking more to the playoffs now really than catching us. A lot of the teams they're playing are playing for more than they are.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
By Monday evening we will know if the chase is realistically still on whether mathematically or not. 2 straight wins for us though will probably all but set this in stone, and a half celebration wouldn't be considered too premature or too arrogant if this turns out to be the case.

The Fat Lady is getting into her bath now.

If the chase is still mathematically on then the chase is still very much on.

That Fat Lady had best be prepared for wallowing in a tepid bath for a couple of weeks yet.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I honestly think they will struggle to get to 86 points. They played well against us but don't think we played much for some reason. Also, I think they will be looking more to the playoffs now really than catching us. A lot of the teams they're playing are playing for more than they are.

Care in the community has now run out in 2017
I suggest you reapply :moo:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Good thread. But the real question is how many do we need for the title?

I reckon 95pts could do it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

You cannot be Sirius! Oh...

And now for something completely different...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we dont win tommorow night all these bloody threads will soon vanish...

Some getting way too carried away on here.

It's nice.

The fans who have no control can wet the bed, on here, because they are giddy with excitement.

The Albion lose, then:-

The fans who have no belief can wet the bed, on here, because they are easily panicked with nervousness.

Either way, the bed's gonna get it.

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
86 Points will be enough. One more win if we win tomorrow......
It might be. It might not.

If Huddersfield start improving we may need 89 points instead. Still not a problem.
Again, it might be. It might not.

Newcastle can get max 102 points
Albion can get max 101 points
Huddersfield can get max 95 points
Leeds can get max 90 points
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Fulham can get max 75 points

Until Albion's point total is greater than the potential point total of two of Newcastle, Huddersfield and Leeds we can't assume anything esp given that we've looked far from convincing recently.

Fate-tempting threads. Sheesh. :mad:

Either way, another win tomorrow and it's a step closer.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Whatever happens I'm hoping for us to be up after the Wigan game. Its my last home game this season and I fancy a nice beer shower in the NS bar! :albion2:

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
It might be. It might not.

Again, it might be. It might not.

Newcastle can get max 102 points
Albion can get max 101 points
Huddersfield can get max 95 points
Leeds can get max 90 points
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Fulham can get max 75 points

Until Albion's point total is greater than the potential point total of two of Newcastle, Huddersfield and Leeds we can't assume anything

Fulham can get 85, not 75.

And you've missed out Reading, who can get 91...

LVGull

May 13, 2016
One more win if we win tomorrow......

He's right. It's now just a straight fight for the top spot. Pressure off and go for it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I have given up on these how many points threads.

I am of the opinion that we are a good side and that is bourn out by the points total to date. I expect us ourselves to close it out. I see one more defeat before we win the league. I have a sneaky feeling that defeat will come at Wolves. Don't know why, just a feeling.

After that I expect us to go on and get enough points to win the League.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here