Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Ipswich. (Frustrating) MATCH REPORT

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
If you want.

http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?642-Albion-1-1-Ipswich-Town-14-02-2017

Just as elsewhere Huddersfield and Reading were chalking up last minute winners, we came an inch from doing the same. That strike, an inch to the left, would have seen the Albion top of the pile and saved an awful lot of angst. That pesky inch leaves things feeling so, so different. I can’t be doing with all the ‘look at the table – we’re still in a great position’ stuff. The four point gap suddenly feels paper-thin. I trust that Chris Hughton and his players are a damn sight better at dealing with the pressure than I am – we’re screwed otherwise.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
This latest report includes special new ARTWORK feature.

#RenaissanceMan

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
That report so perfectly sums up how I feel about last night, and much more succinctly and eloquently put than I possibly could. Thanks [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION].

It wasn't that we could directly blame East for our shortcomings. It's just that he spoiled the whole tone, (lack of) rhythm and equity of proceedings. Perhaps he could 'do a Pompey' and go straight from PL to L2 without passing Go?

PG

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Very good, I'm annoyed all over again, thanks for that!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Great report as expected with the bonus of artwork. Better than HTFC World! More of that please in forthcoming reports.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Great report as expected with the bonus of artwork. Better than HTFC World! More of that please in forthcoming reports.

Ha. Praise indeed, but very far from the truth. Those guys have a lot of time on their hands! Truly genius.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Love the drawn reconstruction – fantastic effort. Bits like Bruno's big beard remind me of the Mr Men books – and that's a compliment :lol:

Decent report, too. Sums up the night well. Ah well, Onwards and upwards, keep the faith and one game at a time...

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Thanks exile, always a good read.

As I am truly exiled I rely on reports like this and a post match chat with my son, to form an opinion, I do listen on the radio but... For an example, Cantor and Aspinal thought Mr East did ok last night, my son couldn't believe it when I told him. By the sounds of your report you probably share my son's view. The ref was bloody awful :lol:

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Thanks exile, always a good read.

As I am truly exiled I rely on reports like this and a post match chat with my son, to form an opinion, I do listen on the radio but... For an example, Cantor and Aspinal thought Mr East did ok last night, my son couldn't believe it when I told him. By the sounds of your report you probably share my son's view. The ref was bloody awful :lol:

Thanks

Yes - really odd that. I got back to the car when JC was reading out texts, and heard the same " A few fans texting in about the ref, Warren. We thought he did okay". I was astonished to hear it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This latest report includes special new ARTWORK feature.

#RenaissanceMan

As ever, a fine report.:thumbsup:
The artwork is a great bonus.

Love the artwork.
And written just as I saw it.
Honest review

Love the drawn reconstruction – fantastic effort. Bits like Bruno's big beard remind me of the Mr Men books – and that's a compliment :lol:

Decent report, too. Sums up the night well. Ah well, Onwards and upwards, keep the faith and one game at a time...

I sincerely hope we get artwork in the next reports, a huge plus :)

Great read as always

Brillaint and love the pic too ... keep it up, read and admired by many :thumbsup:

Thanks

(and, maybe. We'll see!)

No pressure, then... :lol: :albion2:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here