Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lincoln City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Lush

Mods' Pet
Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 16.56.12.png

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Shows our squad aren't strong enough to compete, we need to address this before it's too late

To not sign another striker and then not go up would be criminal but I can see it happening

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Disappointing but we were never going to win the cup.

Makes no difference if we were going to win it or not, many people have paid vast sums to go and support their team, for that reason the cubs should go out of their way to make an effort to put on a display, losing todayis also bad for moral..........

Signed off by one pissed of sup[porter!!!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No doubt about it. We should be able to win. The history books won't record we put out a second 11. We'll played Lincoln, a far better team on the day and deserved winners. hope they go even further.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Poor performance but a good result.

In the context of this season, how far do we want to go in this competition? So far as I am concerned we have already gone one round too far.

Back-up keeper to Stockdale injured and Murray collects another yellow. Glad and relieved that we are out of the cup. Had we won and drawn a 'big' club in the 5th round the pressure would have on Hughton to select a good number of first team players which is exactly what we don't need. No doubt the BBC will delight in the number of 'shocks' this weekend - but were they really shocks? Most of the cup sides dumped out by lower league opposition are unrecognisable from the sides that would start league matches.

Good luck Lincoln and I hope they get a cracking draw in the 5th round.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not sure why so many are wetting themselves over this. Not nice to lose and certainly not nice to lose to a team in the National League but this season must be all about promotion and we can ill afford fixture congestion. A draw was the nightmare result as that would mean a replay and potentially rearranging Derby. With our main rivals also out I'm reluctantly and quietly content.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Probably because they are more concerned about having 38 of them next season?

True. The manner of the defeat is disappointing though. And one would expect the league side to normally progress through, albeit after a replay.

But if it means that we find out that we don't have strength in numbers, then one could suppose that the chastening defeat will have a purpose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here