Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When is the 3rd round FA Cup draw ?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
The FA Cup Final is on Saturday 27th May
The Championship Playoff Final is on Monday 29th May

That would make for an interesting weekend now wouldn't it.

If a Championship side did happen to make both, that would be a proper logistical ballache for the FA / FL.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If a Championship side did happen to make both, that would be a proper logistical ballache for the FA / FL.

No it wouldn't.

It would just be a logistical ballache for the Championship club(s). You'd have to play the STIFFS in the FA Cup Final.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
No it wouldn't.

It would just be a logistical ballache for the Championship club(s). You'd have to play the STIFFS in the FA Cup Final.

No chance they actually play those two games two days apart.

If it were logistically possible (and with broadcaster agreement), you could move the Cup Final forward a week to Saturday 20th, and swap it with the League One PO final.

Obviously that means playing the Cup Final 3 or 4 days after the play off second leg, but that's no different to a busy run in January.

We are possibly getting a LITTLE ahead of ourselves though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No chance they actually play those two games two days apart.

If it were logistically possible (and with broadcaster agreement), you could move the Cup Final forward a week to Saturday 20th, and swap it with the League One PO final.

Obviously that means playing the Cup Final 3 or 4 days after the play off second leg, but that's no different to a busy run in January.

We are possibly getting a LITTLE ahead of ourselves though.

Nope. The final day of the Premier League season is on 21st May, so thats not gonna happen.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yep same, This is the season to concentrate on one objective and no distractions.

Isn't it always? I've read this type of comment every single season since I first started using NSC back in about 1999.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I'd prefer them to get a non-league side and beat them soundly, allowing Pardew some breathing space.

I want it to develop into an amazing cup run for Palace, in stark contrast to their league from. Croydon and the surrounding areas will be once again in the grip of Cup Fever as they despatch Arsenal in the 1/4 final at Selhurst, whilst languishing in the relegation zone.

Semi final day sees them taking on Sunderland at Wembley with both teams seemingly only concentrating on ther cup and adrift from the safety zone in the league. A tight game ends with ano extra time defeat and a tired and beleaguered team are spanked 9-0 in the rearranged figure v Liverpool on the Wednesday to confirm relegation.

That's how I'd like it to go.
Sounds good to me. Another cup final will far outweigh years of relegation battles in the 'promised land'

Give me a cup final and relegation any day of the week

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Crawley are already OUT.

That's why it would be such an interesting draw.

Merthyr Tydfil came out the hat twice a number of years back. They were up for it- but the FA were reluctant.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Isn't it always? I've read this type of comment every single season since I first started using NSC back in about 1999.

I know you are right and we should be grateful of a brilliant FA cup run but seriously I want the premier league more than any other football accolade this season. I was 17 when we got relegated from the old First Division and that seems such a long time ago now.

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
Noticed that cup final day is same day as London marathon. Won't be busy in town that day then! Am running the marathon so 'hope' we won't be involved in the final.........

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Noticed that cup final day is same day as London marathon. Won't be busy in town that day then! Am running the marathon so 'hope' we won't be involved in the final.........

London Marathon is Sunday April 23 2017, FA Cup Final is Saturday May 27 2017.

The Play Off Final is Monday May 29th 2017 though.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
all the STH on here not interested in the FA Cup

if we do reach the Final,can I have your ticket ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I know you are right and we should be grateful of a brilliant FA cup run but seriously I want the premier league more than any other football accolade this season. I was 17 when we got relegated from the old First Division and that seems such a long time ago now.
*34 years of hurt*

:albion2:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Well whoever it is, the bench players will be starting, so some non league side away from home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
I got my woolly (as it's cold) knickers in a twist. It's FA Cup semi final weekend 22nd and 23rd April. (Marathon on the 23rd). So I'd be ok for semi on the sat :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here