Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When you next drive along A27 by pass to Amex......

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
So are people becoming too dependant on Councils and the Government doing stuff for them that people now ignore their own moral & social responsibilities towards society? (too much me, me, me and what can i get rather than what can i do to help look after my community?)

I will get an old scrubber :eek: to clean the steps as no one else seems fecking bothered.
PM Mr Guy Fawkes and you and me can help the old bird:moo:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would make every fast food drive through have the car registration marked on the bags for a start.[/QUOTE]

Thats a good idea that could be done by the likes of McDonalds drive thru but not chippies, chinese even sandwiches from shops. So not very practical unfortunately.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
All down to ignorant ***** imo. There is NO excuse for not taking your litter to a bin or bagging your dog's shit.

one of the biggest problems though is the dire shortage of bins. Not sure if this has come about under the guise of security and bombs, or cost cutting.
About time there was a local tax chargable to anywhere that sell take out foods/ drinks etc based on their turnover. Dead easy to calculate and simple for local authorities to collect.
The funds collected would have to go into separate account/ budget and used solely for highway cleansing.
If business earn profits out of selling foods in disposable containers they should be liable for pYing to clear it up as well.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would make every fast food drive through have the car registration marked on the bags for a start.

Thats a good idea that could be done by the likes of McDonalds drive thru but not chippies, chinese even sandwiches from shops. So not very practical unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

I like the thinking :thumbsup:

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Not at all. It's down to inconsiderate and lazy dog owners.
I remember taking my dog for a walk a few years ago and I took 3 bags with me for the poo. Of course within 15 mins the dog did her business, and then again a few minutes later, walked a few more minutes and then again. I never knew a dog could do so much in a short time. I ran out of bags on the way home and then she did another. I knocked on the nearest front door and explained the situation and asked if I could have a couple of bags to clear the mess and to get home. On returning home I said to my wife we feed the dog too much.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Agree terrible. It looks worse now as grass cut and whilst a lot is thrown out..I noticed only the other day Rubbish/skip lorry driving along A27 towards Lewes (probably going to dump at Southerham)with paper rubbish spewing out as it was not netted correctly.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Drove along the A27 again today from Dyke Road roundabout to Falmer, with family from out of town.

Still the same disgusting rubbish, Still no attempt to clear it. Yes those who deposit it are to blame but they are not going to clear up this backlog.

Have a look tomorrow if taking this route (also A23) and complain to the appropriate authority.

Heard an item on Radio Sussex this week where some listeners had highlighted the mess on the Chichester Bypass. Guess what, after being broadcast that section of road has now been cleaned!!!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Drove along the A27 again today from Dyke Road roundabout to Falmer, with family from out of town.

Still the same disgusting rubbish, Still no attempt to clear it. Yes those who deposit it are to blame but they are not going to clear up this backlog.

Have a look tomorrow if taking this route (also A23) and complain to the appropriate authority.

Heard an item on Radio Sussex this week where some listeners had highlighted the mess on the Chichester Bypass. Guess what, after being broadcast that section of road has now been cleaned!!!

Followed one of those HUGE rubbish lorries this week -- loads of crap blowing out the top.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I can't remember the specific council I passed today on the way to Pulborough, but one of them spends £100k cleaning up verges. That's a ridiculous amount when people should take their litter home. Obscene that people feel fit to just drop their rubbish.

Those people don't deserve a right to vote on issues of funding when they are wasting public funds willy nilly.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
.....by car or bus, look at the verges. They are absolutely disgusting with tons of rubbish strewn along both sides of the carriageways.

Heaven knows what tourists and others passing through think.

Who is responsible for keeping this road clean? Council or Highway's Agency? They need to pull their fingers out.

Apologies
Was trying to give you a thumbs up. Pressed the wrong button

Totally agree

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm currently on holiday in Pennsylvania and we commented yesterday as we drove from Hershey to Harrisburg that the roadsides/verges/central reservations were immaculate compared to UK roadsides, and the grass seems to be mowed frequently.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I can't remember the specific council I passed today on the way to Pulborough, but one of them spends £100k cleaning up verges. That's a ridiculous amount when people should take their litter home. Obscene that people feel fit to just drop their rubbish.

Those people don't deserve a right to vote on issues of funding when they are wasting public funds willy nilly.

Horsham District?

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
And now Burger King want to open in the empty pub at the bottom of East St. If they do they should be made to pay for the Council to clean up the discarded packaging from their store.

SAC

May 21, 2014
And now Burger King want to open in the empty pub at the bottom of East St. If they do they should be made to pay for the Council to clean up the discarded packaging from their store.

I believe that they (all fast food restaurants) are already supposed to keep the areas outside their store free from rubbish. Doesn't help if it takes someone 10 minutes to eat the junk and they then chuck their rubbish on the floor (or out of the car window) though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here