Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is anybody else finding this dick swinging competition between NSC and Naylor #Cringe?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I have nothing against Naylor, he does a reasonable job,...... I do think he is missing that component of reporting that challenges where challenge is needed, he very rarely, if ever, makes any critical comment about a performance, player, tactic or club policy,..... it has become a bit about reporting by numbers. Saying that, I read his and Owen's stuff all the time.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think Naylor does a pretty good job of churning up a couple of pages worth of Brighton-related news every single day. Don't get me wrong - I know there's nothing to report on, not really. But I appreciate he digs something up. A review/or preview/or opinion piece. Sometimes he has to scrape the barrel a bit but I've read local sports news before and we're actually very lucky to have Naylor - He's a much better journalist than some give him credit for.

Every day I get to sit down and read some well written Albion content. That's a big thumbs up from me. The same reason I enjoy NSC's 'proper writings'. The forum is excellent, but sometimes it's nice to sit down and read something a little more structured. [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] 'How much is promotion worth?' or [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION] 's match reports. All of it is excellent.

There's room for us all to get along nicely and I'm glad that's starting to happen.

Last edited:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
It is obvious that some on NSC have closer links with the club, and therefore have access to more current and relevant information than Naylor. Naylor has managed to piss off both the club and a significant number of fans. For a journalist that's a pretty dumb thing to do.

His speculative guesswork doesn't add value. After his embarrassment over the return of Bobby one might wonder whether the club give him a bums steer so that he continues to look like the tit he almost certainly is.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think Naylor does a pretty good job of churning up a couple of pages worth of Brighton-related news every single day. Don't get me wrong - I know there's nothing to report on, not really. But I appreciate he digs something up. A review/or preview/or opinion piece. Sometimes he has to scrape the barrel a bit but I've read local sports news before and we're actually very lucky to have Naylor - He's a much better journalist than some give him credit for.

Every day I get to sit down and read some well written Albion content. That's a big thumbs up from me. The same reason I enjoy NSC's 'proper writings'. The forum is excellent, but sometimes it's nice to sit down and read something a little more structured. [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] 'How much is promotion worth?' or [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION] 's match reports. All of it is excellent.

There's room for us all to get along nicely and I'm glad that's starting to happen.

I couldn't agree more. It must be bloody hard to write 2-3 pages of Albion news, when there is nothing to write about! His match reports are pretty well written and cover the bases well and his in-depth interviews with new players are always a good read. That said, he does get things wrong sometimes but who doesn't? If we counted up the list of rubbish rumours on NSC we'd be over-flowing though (although there are some absolute gems on here every so often)

If you don't like Naylor, don't read his articles and don't follow him on Twitter, it's pretty simple really.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Yes, I did which is why I (believe I) stopped.

I imagine this has been posted today because you believe it has been going on today. I'd disagree. There have been two likely interactions, and I don't think either have been as you describe or may have taken them....

1. [tweet]634305581487140864[/tweet]

I'm agreeing with Naylor that many are being far too dismissive of Fulham's interest in Dunk. I wasn't criticising his article as it's the club that said "we won't sell to a rival", something I've heard directly also.

2. [tweet]634405868625375234[/tweet.

Bozza, with great respect for the role you play - I think you do a cracking job - if I was really criticising the club over Naylor, I doubt I'dt have included the 'when you wrote' bit....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Someone - can't remember who - said on another thread that Naylor was always getting criticised by people who'd love his job. Well I love writing, do a fair bit of it, wouldn't mind getting paid more for it and I would absolutely hate Naylor's job. The relentless need to till column inches with "something" whilst having to remain reasonably dry, not very opinionated and stick to a very narrow subject must be a total pain in the butt. Having that something then destroyed by useless sub editors sitting in Weymouth must be absolutely soul destroying (today for example they mangled his online piece so that it stated we were going to play "Blackburn turn to page 61 tomorrow").

However there's no need for him to be an arse about it. Regularly quoting NSC without actually saying it's here, taking such a strong stance on Bobby Z or getting a headline just before the Fans' Forum to suggest recruitment was going just like last season are the actions of either a bitter man or one who's being forced to write click-bait by his editors.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here