Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Spurs are your 2nd team

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I do have a second team, but it's certainly not them.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Spurs are my second team.
I was born in North London so that's why

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
What are you trying to tell us? Personally I don't have a 2nd team. Why the bloody hell would I?

Cannot argue with that...if ever there was a second team it would be the Albion second team...or development squad as it is known by now..or Albion Ladies...Spurs,well was happy when they got the double...and we got Bobby Smith and Mel Hopkins...but no team,I mean no team ever comes close to the Albion in my love in league.

Feb 14, 2010
Two things spring to mind about Spurs 1. The stitch up with Saints in the 70s and 2. The warfare at both at The Goldstone and The Lane when we played them in the 80's.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Sherwood looked like he had been on some happy pills in the post match interview - barking on about if the job is right for him - hehehe - he has no chance of getting it.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
They beat Southampton 3 -2 at St Marys 2 goals for Adebayor perhaps had he played more often this season AVB would still have a job.

If you cared enough about Spurs for them to be your 2nd team....

...surely you'd already have known this information?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Yiddo Yiddo.

We'll sing what we want,
We'll sing what we waaaaaaant
We're Tottenham Hotspur
We'll sing what we want.

Yid army
Yid army
Etc etc

- - - Updated - - -

My second team got a draw against a load of soft southern shandy drinking poofs yesterday, although if their hated number nine had put his two chances away, we would have gone away empty handed.

Dandyman

In London village.
Yiddo Yiddo.

We'll sing what we want,
We'll sing what we waaaaaaant
We're Tottenham Hotspur
We'll sing what we want.

Yid army
Yid army
Etc etc

- - - Updated - - -

My second team got a draw against a load of soft southern shandy drinking poofs yesterday, although if their hated number nine had put his two chances away, we would have gone away empty handed.

xxx

Merry Xmas.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm with Ben's Grandad on this. Growing up with parents who had no interest in football the only football I saw was the FA cup final and England games or reading the sports pages in the papers. Spurs in the early 60s were THE team for glory hunting kids. I supported them until I started going to the Albion.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
2nd team?????? Really?? Don't get it.............You can only really support one team (please note, for added effect, I have emphasised the word support!!)......... every other team can only, at best, rate as a mild interest???

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Living where I do, slap bang between Cardiff and Swansea, literally everyone I know who supports either one or the other also has another team that they follow, for example, my future son in law, he is a staunch Cardiff City fan and he and my daughter have season tickets and adore them like we do The Albion, but his second team is Liverpool, I think a lot of this stems from the fact that for many years and in the main, both the Welsh clubs have often languished in the lower leagues and have not had the glamour and high profile players of a premier club, so as a youngster he adopted Liverpool for whatever reason (though he hated them for 90 minutes on Saturday!)

I think if the truth be known a vast majority of footie fans do have another club they follow for many differing reasons, I see no problem with that, my best mate is a staunch Swansea fan and goes to every home game, as a youngster and being born in the 50s was bought up and influenced with the 60s success of Spurs, and they are his second team, again for 180 minutes every season at present, he only ever wants one team to win and that's Swansea.

If you have lived in an area which has a pro team and you have a love for the game I do think you quite often take a bit of a liking for that team but it does not stop you supporting your one and only love, in our case B&HA :bowdown: I had a very interesting conversation with [MENTION=6]Lord Bracknell[/MENTION] earlier this year about his "affection" and "why" for Newport County, all pretty much on the same lines as above.

So all in all, I personally see no problems with anybody having a "second" team that they follow with interest, I don't see it as any form of disloyalty to your real love.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am glad that some agree and as Hitony says if we played Spurs there would be no contest I would, and have whenever it has happened, want Brighton to win but will still follow the fortunes or misfortunes at the moment of Spurs.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Spurs are my second team.
I was born in North London so that's why
I was born in London but don't feel the need to have a London club as my 2nd team.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
I agree, the concept of a second team is a bit of a weird one. When you give your heart, soul and self wholly to one team how can you even consider a dalliance with another? …..and yet this is the position I’ve found myself in since moving to Sussex in the early 1970s.

I suppose I’m in the bizarre, but not unique, position (judging by the people around me in the Upper West – cue ranting about “Plastics”) of The Albion being my second team. I am first and foremost a Wednesdayite and I’m afraid I can’t change that.

We’re from Sheffield and my father, who knew nothing of football, divvied up the teams. I got the blue one and my sister got the red one, the die was cast. When we moved to Milan and I got the blue team and my sister got the red one. Then we moved to Brighton and I got the blue team and, in the absence of a red team, so did my sister!!

So, in spite of the fact that I’ve seen the Albion play more times than Wednesday and I’ve had season tickets at The Goldstone, Withdean and The Amex, The Owls are still and will always be my first love. My 40 year old affair with The Albion continues but I’m married to the mob from Owlerton that wear the blue and white, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health for long as…………….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here