Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is the Prem even worth staying in?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
It is hugely important that we stay in the Premier League.

The longer we can stay there, the more likely we will eventually have one or two top class players....................................

.....................so they can demand a move to one the big six clubs.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Enjoyed a 0-4.

Which true blue? Chelski?

I enjoyed the game too......did i like us conceding the first two no!....but we were in that game up until their third and it was end to end stuff...was it agony them getting their last two yes..i hated hearing the Chelsea supporters ....but to say that wasn't an entertaining game is wrong imho....it certainly wasn't boring.....some peeps seem to have forgotten the uninteresting games in the championship...and what about the season with SH in charge that wasn't fun! Didnt really like the one with OG in charge ...that only got interesting on the last day of the season. I think your earlier point re TB not funding the losses forever was spot on....i wonder what side we would have ended up watching if we hadn't gone up last year or this.
Nah i'll enjoy the PL while i can ...sure if we get the good fortune to stay for another five years i might think differently...but thats far off in the future

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
As not Andy Naylor's thoughts. I've been to this Movie before, I don't want to see it again.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
He doesn't have that in mind, according to PB whos said it's vital we stay up.

I said Mr Bloom, not Paul Barber. While Mr Barber does his best for the club he's still on the payroll and says what his role requires. Mr Bloom is one of us, a fan and a supporter. I'd be astonished if he doesn't have a plan outside of the Premier League because I suspect all of us can easily imagine such a scenario.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I enjoyed the game too......did i like us conceding the first two no!....but we were in that game up until their third and it was end to end stuff...was it agony them getting their last two yes..i hated hearing the Chelsea supporters ....but to say that wasn't an entertaining game is wrong imho....it certainly wasn't boring.....some peeps seem to have forgotten the uninteresting games in the championship...and what about the season with SH in charge that wasn't fun! Didnt really like the one with OG in charge ...that only got interesting on the last day of the season. I think your earlier point re TB not funding the losses forever was spot on....i wonder what side we would have ended up watching if we hadn't gone up last year or this.
Nah i'll enjoy the PL while i can ...sure if we get the good fortune to stay for another five years i might think differently...but thats far off in the future

IF only we can stay up just this once.

I'm sure the Board/Winstanley would have learned so much about the murky world of top flight transfers and our real squad deticiencies/needs, that this Summer they will invest heavily in quality at RB, strikers, RW and attacking CM.

Mid table is there for the asking in future PL seasons.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I said Mr Bloom, not Paul Barber. While Mr Barber does his best for the club he's still on the payroll and says what his role requires. Mr Bloom is one of us, a fan and a supporter. I'd be astonished if he doesn't have a plan outside of the Premier League because I suspect all of us can easily imagine such a scenario.

I knew exactly who you said, but I quoted PB as he made that statement on TV and I'm certain his view would reflect TB's.

TB would be foolish not to have plan B for the Championship, but at this moment the Board would be absolutely determined to secure PL football.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
IF only we can stay up just this once.

I'm sure the Board/Winstanley would have learned so much about the murky world of top flight transfers and our real squad deticiencies/needs, that this Summer they will invest heavily in quality at RB, strikers, RW and attacking CM.

Mid table is there for the asking in future PL seasons.

:thumbsup:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yesterday we saw one of the best players in the world tear us apart . As a Brighton fan it was pure torture but you have to recognise his skill and try aspire to it. Leicester are the role model , not a big team but some great players and great attacking football. If we survive a couple of years we could BLOOM into something similar.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the Prem is worth staying in provided you don't sell your soul as a club.

Fans are in it for the long haul, and that inevitably means relegation as well as promotion. They expect the odd cup run or two along the way, just to be able to dream for a moment.

What would be awful is to spend a decade in purgatory in the Prem sacking your manager every year, not ever taking the cups seriously, seeing your best players sold every year and constantly looking over your shoulder at the threat of relegation - essentially being in a permanent state of living in fear.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
What would be awful is to spend a decade in purgatory in the Prem sacking your manager every year, not ever taking the cups seriously, seeing your best players sold every year and constantly looking over your shoulder at the threat of relegation - essentially being in a permanent state of living in fear.
Yes, this is what I don't want to be part of. Of course, a similar result - just about surviving in the premier league for several years - doesn't have to be like that.

But the above is why I hope we make a go of it the FA Cup next week. Certainly not playing those who need a rest, but going for a win is surely better when there's nothing to lose.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
As it is the premier league is two divisions. It wasn't until this season that I realised just how different they are. Whilst I had not previously supported a Euro League for the top clubs, I am now warming to the idea. Whilst it is breat seeing these superclubs and superstars playing at the Amex, froma fans' perspective we might get more interesting matches to watch and a more even competition if Sky just threw their money at the top six and let the rest of us get back to a more sensible regime.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Surely the longer we are in 'The Premier League', the more money we get, which then means we can buy better players, which then means we should score more goals and be more fun to watch, no?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Can't stand these bloody defeatist posts. I'm having as much fun watching the Albion now as I have in years gone by. I'd rather be here than at Bury on a cold Tuesday night. And I am sure the fans of Bury would be delighted to be where we are.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Surely the longer we are in 'The Premier League', the more money we get, which then means we can buy better players, which then means we should score more goals and be more fun to watch, no?

This.

Palace and Leicester have spent vast sums on fees and wages, and hey presto, they score more freely and sometimes beat top 6 teams.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
This.

Palace and Leicester have spent vast sums on fees and wages, and hey presto, they score more freely and sometimes beat top 6 teams.

One even won the league recently! Also look at Swansea's transformation, weren't they in Div3 in around1995 then less then about 5-6 years later in Europe? OK this season isn't going great for them, but its not over yet. They have pretty much become an established Premier League team really imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here