Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player of the Season (So far)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Dunk for me. He has made mistakes and has been caught out too many times but I think far too much is asked of him and in a better team I think he would be an even better player. That said I think a lot of his extra effort is driven by him being a local lad which might not transfer to a new team (unless it was Chelsea)

Ryan has been a great signing and is an excellent shot stopper BUT he does not dominate his goal area and that has created issues.

Propper has been good but again expectation of him was high and the fact that he has not scored is of concern

Gros - certainly excellent value for money and made some telling contributions but has also been anonymous in games. Excellent delivery from dead ball or when standing still but not so good when moving forward and has over compliacted a number of moves...

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
To quote MA when I said the same to him about FDM that is what he is paid to do and if he couldnt do it he wouldnt be in the team.

I’d forgotten this pointless Micky Adams quote you like to trot out about goalkeepers. It means absolutely nothing, it can be applied to any player in any position, they are all doing the job the are paid to do. This season Ryan happens to be doing his job better than the vast majority of the squad so rather than using some throwaway quote from nearly 20 years ago why not actually give the player some credit.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’d forgotten this pointless Micky Adams quote you like to trot out about goalkeepers. It means absolutely nothing, it can be applied to any player in any position, they are all doing the job the are paid to do. This season Ryan happens to be doing his job better than the vast majority of the squad so rather than using some throwaway quote from nearly 20 years ago why not actually give the player some credit.

Exactly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He can't as that would be admitting just how wrong he was on a certain other thread.
A thread that could be an amusing cross reference with this one. :jester:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Dunk just edges out Ryan for me. Plenty of others have had decent form for a week or 2 but not kept it up consistently

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

After about 6 -9 weeks the choice would have been between Duffy Dunk and Ryan but now the choice is between Ryan and Stephens with for me Stephens edging it as he is the one that has really stepped up his game to a new level.

I think the highlighted parts answer the question. I have given Ryan praise and it is ridiculous to say how many goals we would have conceded without him. He is in the team because CH knows him to be a competent keeper

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Gro$$

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
At this stage in the season Ryan, a good shot stopper and I also like the way that he comes out on one on ones and presents a large barrier to the forward without exposing himself to conceding a penalty. Looking forward to tuning into the Aussies world cup games to see how he does in Russia.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here