Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich fan here

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Don't shoot me down here but Calderon, for me, liked to hit the floor a bit too much. Was he playing in a more advanced position than usual?

Because one of my missions is life is to defend the divine Inigo Calderon at all times I am claiming that he indulged in several embarassing dives for the sole purpose of being able to turn to his young compatriot in the Iberian Triangle, Teixera, and say "See - It's just embarassing, try and stay on your feet". And it worked. Well done Calde.

Inigo often seems to believe he is a second striker, sometimes a right winger, or perhaps that he should be a classic 10. Yesterday he was nominally playing on the right of a 3 in 4231 as opposed to his usual RB, but I wouldn't say that he was necessarily further forward than usual.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Congratulations on the win last night.

You fully deserved it and some of your football and all of your goals were of a high quality.

Did you See Emily play sorry i ment Brighton?

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I mentioned Ince before the game and he was good again.

Lovely first goal from Baldock. Teixeria (sp) obviously stood out.

Don't shoot me down here but Calderon, for me, liked to hit the floor a bit too much. Was he playing in a more advanced position than usual?

There was one occasion near the SW corner where he threw himself theatrically to the floor about a second after the challenge and then got straight back up again.

Was a bit odd

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Would you mind explaining the very simple concept that away fans also found Withdean unfit for purpose and therefore not worth attending to the Palace fans on here? Unless of course you're a secret Man United/Chelsea fan like we all supposedly are.

I only attended one Withdean game in 2004 as a Brentford fan and to - ermm - inspect the ground. It was only my sloe-gin smuggled in wot kept me alive - absolutely feezing that night.

I then vowed that Albion HAD to get a new ground, wherever. How you lot put up with it at Witheredream for over 10 years..I salute you (this time).:falmer:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Because one of my missions is life is to defend the divine Inigo Calderon at all times I am claiming that he indulged in several embarassing dives for the sole purpose of being able to turn to his young compatriot in the Iberian Triangle, Teixera, and say "See - It's just embarassing, try and stay on your feet". And it worked. Well done Calde.

Inigo often seems to believe he is a second striker, sometimes a right winger, or perhaps that he should be a classic 10. Yesterday he was nominally playing on the right of a 3 in 4231 as opposed to his usual RB, but I wouldn't say that he was necessarily further forward than usual.

Could be Hughton has looked at Calderon and seen a potential midfield-winger rather than an overlapping full-back who will be progessively done for pace as he gets older. If you have two backs fit he won't get a game other than in another role. I'm a great fan of the bloke, seems to have the right fighting spirit.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Ipswich fans have a song that goes: “We all dream of a team of Tommy Smiths.”

We should have one that goes: “We all dream of a team of Calderons.”

That man is the on-field channel of the fans’ passion. He knows what it means to wear the Brighton shirt.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Could be Hughton has looked at Calderon and seen a potential midfield-winger rather than an overlapping full-back who will be progessively done for pace as he gets older. If you have two backs fit he won't get a game other than in another role. I'm a great fan of the bloke, seems to have the right fighting spirit.

I think the one thing Calde hasn't lost is his touch in tight spaces. There was a passage of play last night which was as good as anything I've seen at The Amex. Calde was obviously involved, though I forget who the others were, it was the Second half and was in front of the West Stand, by the halfway line. Six or seven short, intricate passes and then the ball was moved quickly across the pitch. Lovely stuff. Under Sami we'd have given it away quickly, I think.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Should have done some cheese rolls (Lopez style).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here