Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ranieri Sacked

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Leicester will never know the glory like that again, their most memorable season ever, shame on them.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I always liked him at the plastics, and was pleased to see him back. Unfortunately probably inevitable in this day and age. I have no love for Leicester either but they were great last year. Such is the crap end of the modern game, hopefully he will get something decent, he deserves it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Re Burnley: If we do lose every game for the rest of the season, there is NO WAY Burnley would sack Dyche.
But that wasn't the question that was asked.
[MENTION=33924]Nixonator[/MENTION] wrote:-
Would be interesting to see what threshold of Burnley fans wanted him out.

In the unlikely event of losing your next 4 games, all away, and 3 of which to relegation fodder.
It would be interesting to see if 606 start getting the classic 'he's taken us as far as he can' calls, from ungrateful Burnleyites.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
'Sky sources: Senior Leicester players told club's owners they were unhappy with Ranieri .....'

NAME THEM

Cockwombles

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Kante should have stayed at least for this season .

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I always liked him at the plastics, and was pleased to see him back. Unfortunately probably inevitable in this day and age. I have no love for Leicester either but they were great last year. Such is the crap end of the modern game, hopefully he will get something decent, he deserves it.
is that right that all livepools games are going to be shown on the history channel from now on? i mean, thats all youve got.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
But that wasn't the question that was asked.

[MENTION=33924]Nixonator[/MENTION] wrote:-
Would be interesting to see what threshold of Burnley fans wanted him out.

In the unlikely event of losing your next 4 games, all away, and 3 of which to relegation fodder.
It would be interesting to see if 606 start getting the classic 'he's taken us as far as he can' calls, from ungrateful Burnleyites.

Burnley have only had 6 managers in 18 years and only 2 of them were sacked for poor results - Steve Cotterill and Brian Laws.

Cotterill was a bit unlucky having to operate on a shoestring budget but there was only one relegation struggle in his three and a half seasons which all saw Burnley finish mid-table or lower mid-table (16th). Laws? The less said the better - 90% of fans were horrified when he was appointed while we still had a chance of Premier League survival in January 2010. His 11-month tenure was 11 months too long and his SOLE saving grace was that he signed Dean Marney....after wasting millions on the likes of Danny Fox and Leon Cort.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Apparently players met owners after Seville game and suggested he had lost the changing room, and wasn't speaking to assistant manager any more. Perhaps the players forgot to look in the mirror when trying to identify why they have not been doing so well!

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
is that right that all livepools games are going to be shown on the history channel from now on? i mean, thats all youve got.

Are you replying to my comment or just rambling on about whatever?
Claudio? Leicester? Did you actually read the OP?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is it too early to put in a request that should the club achieve this season's target, the Albion stay loyal to Hughton regardless of position next season?

It's thinking too far ahead, but this one of my biggest concerns, SHOULD we be promoted.

The idea of loads of JCL morons on here demanding HOUGHTEN out if we dare be as low as 15th/16th in the Prem...

Beliall

Feb 22, 2017
This news sucks, I feel for Claudio, I really do and will be forever grateful for what he achieved with us, but with our current form and league position, I think the decision needed to be made.. Now I hope the new manager will drop the poor performers and save our season, other wise we will be forever remembered as the team who embarrassed themselves after doing the impossible.

This goes much deeper than the manager or players on the pitch, summer and January recruitment was awful, spent a lot of money on squad player without improving the core of the team. This falls on the head of John Rudkin, our DOF , who is seemingly terrible at his job, Failing year on year to secure top targets, instead getting last minute signings that don't fit into the team.

The rumour is the owners called a meeting with senior players after the Seville game, and they asked he be replaced. Rifts going throughout the club, Ranieri falling out with his backroom team and players. His tactical decisions have been baffling this season and he continues playing the same terrible players when we have good players like Gray, Chillwell and Benelouane ready to take their place.

I hope that we replace him with a good manager, and not a journeyman like Redknapp or Pardew, and we avoid relegation and build on our success , as we should have been doing since last summer .

The joys of being a Leicester fan :)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It's thinking too far ahead, but this one of my biggest concerns, SHOULD we be promoted.

The idea of loads of JCL morons on here demanding HOUGHTEN out if we dare be as low as 15th/16th in the Prem...

If all goes well, a weekly bounce of this thread with required reading for all new contributors in the signup process might help...

That and remembering that no football team, including the Albion, have a divine right to be anywhere.

We moan about many Premiership supporters sense of entitlement.

Let's not become the same ourselves.

theroyal

May 11, 2014

Happened with McDermott and Reading too (well into March). :facepalm:

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Too much player power yet again
Ranieri should be given freedom of the city
Can't believe that some Leicester fans wanted him out too citing modern football, they haven't got a clue about what football is all about

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here