Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Night Manager BBC Sunday 9.00

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
:lolol: I'm sniggering just thinking about it, that and when he changes place with Black Adder when the Duke of Wellington visits are my favourites.

I get thumped by Mrs V quite regularly when a romantic scene is shown on telly and I shout " Sausage Time ! " in Hugh Lawrie's accent.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good series, enjoyed it.

What was Pine using the phone to send a signal for the bomb all about? That was a bit stupid. It would have been more sensible for the truck drivers to instigate a short delay when they ran from the trucks. Pine might have failed to send the signal, or it might have been sent before the drivers legged it.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I'd say they are in an excellent run at the ,moment - both War and Peace and The Night Manager have been compelling Sunday night viewing. And Line of Duty has just restarted which I've only just discovered but is gripping stuff. As well as watching the opener for Series 3 I'm half way through Series 2 on iPlayer and annoyed that Series 1 isn't available.

and Thirteen's been very good as well.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Going back even further...

[yt]1dtrNQlS2aw[/yt]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good series, enjoyed it.

What was Pine using the phone to send a signal for the bomb all about? That was a bit stupid. It would have been more sensible for the truck drivers to instigate a short delay when they ran from the trucks. Pine might have failed to send the signal, or it might have been sent before the drivers legged it.
Not as stupid as organising a display of clusterbombs, missiles and napalm going off in Turkey and not expecting the Turkish military turning up.... Could that happen in real life? I think not.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
This is being shown in the States at the minute. Top notch entertainment from the Beeb and it definitely looks like they spent a bit of money on it. Hugh Laurie does a great job as Roper - very versatile actor, but the guy who plays Korky is about as menacing as Kenneth Williams. One of the best Le Carre adaptions I've seen

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Not as stupid as organising a display of clusterbombs, missiles and napalm going off in Turkey and not expecting the Turkish military turning up.... Could that happen in real life? I think not.

It's usually the Turkish military doing it-just ask the Kurds!

Larry Day

May 13, 2016
Haywards
This is being shown in the States at the minute. Top notch entertainment from the Beeb and it definitely looks like they spent a bit of money on it. Hugh Laurie does a great job as Roper - very versatile actor, but the guy who plays Korky is about as menacing as Kenneth Williams. One of the best Le Carre adaptions I've seen

Actually, I thought Tom Hollander's portrayal of Corky was pretty good. The campy menace made a change from conventional testosterone-pumped heavies.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

The recent film adaption of Tinker,Tailor, Soldier starring Oldman, Firth and Cumberbatch among many great actors was amazingly atmospheric...that's my favourite.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
great series ......jed is lovely but it all builds to a mike dean of an ending.

Jed just wanders around wearing a small piece of cloth of varying colours.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Actually, I thought Tom Hollander's portrayal of Corky was pretty good. The campy menace made a change from conventional testosterone-pumped heavies.

I agree. I thought he was terrific - highlight of the series for me

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
The recent film adaption of Tinker,Tailor, Soldier starring Oldman, Firth and Cumberbatch among many great actors was amazingly atmospheric...that's my favourite.

Le Carre seems to be enjoying a late purple patch - hadn't realised that the film version of Our Kind of Traitor has just come out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here