Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield Wednesday *** Official Match Day Thread ***

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
So the changes from last season that matter - keeper - we have a new one. Left back - Calde played very well. Centre defence - new man was MoM. Beyond that only really Leo that would have been sure of a start ahead of the squad we had. So why were we so bad?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Attendance 26,993

That is just over a 7% fall in season ticket renewals as Barber said. Home fans in the region of 24,000. About as expected. Could have been a few hundred more if the online season ticket system had been working earlier.

Lots of empty sets an the less good seats, corners and front. I would have liked to get a better seat but only isolated ones available.

Much larger crowds at Forest & at Derby.

Last edited:

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Alphabetical order , equal negative goal difference ignores if home or away.

I understand that!

However, most clubs, most seasons, lose fewer matches at home - and by smaller average goal difference - than away.

So, in general, losing at home by the same score as teams in the same league position, is worse, is it not?

Not to mention, Football League rules say, in determining final table (basically):

League position decided by points gained

OR if equal points gained, then on goal difference

OR if equal on points gained AND goal difference, then on goals for

OR if equal on points gained AND goal difference AND goals for, then ...

REPEAT the above but just for of the respective League records against each other

OR if even that fails

FINALLY - “If the above procedures do not separate the Clubs, then the Clubs concerned shall play off a deciding League Match or Matches under arrangements approved by the Board on a neutral ground.” [this bit is direct quote from FL rules]

Phew!

This says it all, but in many more words:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20130704/section-3-the-league_2293633_2125717

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I understand that!

However, most clubs, most seasons, lose fewer matches at home - and by smaller average goal difference - than away.

So, in general, losing at home by the same score as teams in the same league position, is worse, is it not?

Not to mention, Football League rules say, in determining final table (basically):

League position decided by points gained

OR if equal points gained, then on goal difference

OR if equal on points gained AND goal difference, then on goals for

OR if equal on points gained AND goal difference AND goals for, then ...

REPEAT the above but just for of the respective League records against each other

OR if even that fails

FINALLY - “If the above procedures do not separate the Clubs, then the Clubs concerned shall play off a deciding League Match or Matches under arrangements approved by the Board on a neutral ground.” [this bit is direct quote from FL rules]

Phew!

This says it all, but in many more words:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20130704/section-3-the-league_2293633_2125717

That is for a final league table , the league table after the first game of the season is done alphabetical when the goal difference is the same after goals scored is taken into consideration. Anyhow the table doesn't take shape until 2 or 3 games have been played.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
So the changes from last season that matter - keeper - we have a new one. Left back - Calde played very well. Centre defence - new man was MoM. Beyond that only really Leo that would have been sure of a start ahead of the squad we had. So why were we so bad?

Management of players?

zego

Jul 10, 2003
That is for a final league table , the league table after the first game of the season is done alphabetical when the goal difference is the same after goals scored is taken into consideration. Anyhow the table doesn't take shape until 2 or 3 games have been played.

You don't seem to read what I've written!

No matter ...

However, Ipswich vs Fulham result has tweaked the table:

Brighton and Rotherham remain locked in an embrace at equal 18th, however defined.

Fulham is in genuine 17th. Same points and goal difference as Brighton and Rotherham, but distinguished by have a better goals for, at +1 compared with zero, from the Ipswich 2-1 Fulham result. Nothing to do with spelling.

Jellybean

Sep 6, 2012
Great day out, took all three points.:wink: In the three visits to Brighton in successive years, its changed from you having a decent passing side, to a poor side, devoid of ideas and talent. The fans are dwindling and virtually silent now. If I was a Brighton fan I would be worried. We have a tiny squad to choose from and nearly every player was a free transfer. I don't know what is going on at Brighton, but after the rise in recent times this looks like the start of the fall to me. MASSIVE:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here