Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Maradona

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Best was as good, but because he played for NI, he never got the chance on the world stage. He certainly made a difference at the European Cup. He didn't fall over when challenged, skipping past players, and certainly didn't have to hand ball a goal.

In England that hand ball is will always cloud the judgement of Maradona, in the rest of the world he was clearly the most skilfull player ever to play football. Pele was incredible, Best was best, but Maradona had balance, touch, passing, scoring, dribbling that I’ve never seen anyone else better. What tarnished his career was cheating and drugs. Not to mention mingling with the Mafia. But with a football at his feet, he did thing no one else ever didn. The footage of him proves that. Plus date I say the most amazing goal ever scored.. yes against England. Just after the hand of god. Those two goals just about sum him up..... cheat... but the most skilfull player.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In England that hand ball is will always cloud the judgement of Maradona, in the rest of the world he was clearly the most skilfull player ever to play football. Pele was incredible, Best was best, but Maradona had balance, touch, passing, scoring, dribbling that I’ve never seen anyone else better. What tarnished his career was cheating and drugs. Not to mention mingling with the Mafia. But with a football at his feet, he did thing no one else ever didn. The footage of him proves that. Plus date I say the most amazing goal ever scored.. yes against England. Just after the hand of god. Those two goals just about sum him up..... cheat... but the most skilfull player.

In your opinion. Not in mine.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What has that got to do with who was the better player. I know I’d rather have Maradona in my side than Pele.

Lots, Maradona had one decent World Cup, failed in 82, getting sent off in disgrace, brilliant in 86, overweight in 90, drug cheat in 94, but still not as good as Pele in 58 or 70.

If you want to see dribbling and balance, watch the 58 World Cup.

All opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
He was (was being the operative word) a great player but then drink and drugs took over as so sadly happens with many sports people, he can however try to show some class instead of being a dick.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Lots, Maradona had one decent World Cup, failed in 82, getting sent off in disgrace, brilliant in 86, overweight in 90, drug cheat in 94, but still not as good as Pele in 58 or 70.

If you want to see dribbling and balance, watch the 58 World Cup.

All opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won 2 titles and a World Cup by himself! And was in an Final in another.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Really?? Cocaine is not performance enhancing in any way. Pathetic the way the handball is always brought up... it has Nothing to do with who was the best and or most skilfull player.

But everything to do with him as the most famous and highest ambassador of the game at the time.
Cheating berk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Headlining Glasto next year I believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here