Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

May Has 10 days.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
She just showed yet again how out of touch she is with the electorate by turning up and just talking to the emergency services on her first visit. I'm certain that those unfortunate people who list everything in the fire took far more from the visits by the Queen and Corbyn just because they talked to the survivors and listened to their stories and concerns.
The Tories need a leader that can contact with all.

Well that's never going to be easy when they only ever govern in the interests of the few.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Except making the 'tough choice' to 'cut our way to growth' hasn't balanced the budget in the slightest.

Well let's be fair the 2009 national borrow level was 153.82 billion pounds. That was the last labour year. Since then there has been a steady decline to 53 billion in 2016. The fall is 9.9% in GDP to 2.3% GDP.
Maybe some of the cuts have been harsh but you can't run a country borrowing that amount t of money all the time. Cuts had to be made. I'm not saying I agree with all the cuts made and maybe the cuts could of been staggered better but the economy was a mess when they took over as the figures show

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Duh, I think you'll find it's Jeremy "IRA sympathiser" Corbyn who would be sucking off Sinn Fein.

Duh, I think you'll find it's BG on this very thread who believes JC can do a coalition deal with Sinn Fein. He can't. Fact.

That's what I'm referring to. Keep up at the back.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
bed40acf6e3d6b8011f0205aa093be9c.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't forget, May was only borderline electable BEFORE the fiasco of her scrabbling around for a majority and her misjudgement of the Grenfel House fire. Since this support in the party for her has drained away further and with no obvious successor it would be a nightmare for the Tories to fight another election. I would think that having seen the turnaround in Labours vote many more will vote in those many key marginal if given another chance so soon.

I voted Labour for the first time in my life ( Previously always Lib-Dem) at the last election even though I thought it was a wasted vote in East Worthing and Shoreham, imagine my surprise to see the Tory majority cut to just 5,000 !

There is a groundswell towards Labour which looks pretty unstoppable at the moment and a slightly more ambitious round of campaigning could see even better results.

This election hasn't given Corbyn as many seats as Kinnck ever won. I know Labour have got their hopes up, but they'll need to do a whole lot better than nice promises.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If there was another election soon, the Tories would be better prepared and have a better leader.

Fair enough, they couldn't be any worse prepared but who's better?

larus

Well that's never going to be easy when they only ever govern in the interests of the few.

Corrected for you.

Yes, sane enough to think Sinn Fein can help form a coalition in Westminster :facepalm:

Duh, I think you'll find it's BG on this very thread who believes JC can do a coalition deal with Sinn Fein. He can't. Fact.

That's what I'm referring to. Keep up at the back.

At what point did BG say about Sinn Fein supporting the Tories. He changed your post, but never mentioned Sinn Fein. You did.

Maybe it's too much for you :lol:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
May is a saint compared to Corbyn. Corbyn has no idea how to run an economy and would bankrupt the country within 3 years. He is a stupid Marxist who is cosy with terror groups like Hamas. He wants to do away with Mi5. Corbyn should be locked up, he is a danger to our security if he ever got in power.

Of course the silly, naive and idealistic students love him. Because they don't live there in the real world. #corbynnotfitforleadership

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
At what point did BG say about Sinn Fein supporting the Tories. He changed your post, but never mentioned Sinn Fein. You did.

Maybe it's too much for you :lol:

Ok, last time as it's tiring. Maybe it's too much for you? :lol:

At no point did BG say about Sinn Fein supporting the Tories.

Near the beginning of the thread BG said JC would try for a coalition with Sinn Fein. The fact that that's impossible since they don't even take up their seats in Westminster seems to have passed BG by. BG then goes on to talk about sanity and Tory voters, clearly including himself. Not very sane when he doesn't even understand the basics.

Go back and re read the thread if you're still confused. I'm off to listen to some Count Arthur Strong as it's more entertaining than this effort from you and BG.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Probably right but everyone is looking to blame her for everything because she just seems such a cold individual who seems to have no empathy whatsoever. When you come across like that you will win very few friends and the knives will be out. Couple that with some of the disasterous decisions she has made and the outcome is hardly surprising

Agree with this. She's made herself a very soft target through pisspoor performance.

larus

Fair enough, they couldn't be any worse prepared but who's better?

If I could choose, I'd choose Ruth Davidson. I think she is young enough and comes across very well. I would very much hope that being Scottish and gay would not go against her wih the Tory 'establishment'. She would give them a huge boost IMO.

I also think Boris would be a popular leader and connect with people. Before people start the usual buffoon type comments, he won the Mayoral election in London which tends to be more a Labour area. And, from what I've read/heard, his did OK. I've not heard of complaints about incompetence etc.

The thing to bear in mind (IMO) is that the majority of the population do not give a f*ck about politics. So, someone like Boris who people find amusing, can laugh at himself and is not 'on message' all of the time will be a breath of fresh air. Look around the world and see that people are disillusioned with the spin, lies and confrontational style of politics.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If I could choose, I'd choose Ruth Davidson. I think she is young enough and comes across very well. I would very much hope that being Scottish and gay would not go against her wih the Tory 'establishment'. She would give them a huge boost IMO.

I also think Boris would be a popular leader and connect with people. Before people start the usual buffoon type comments, he won the Mayoral election in London which tends to be more a Labour area. And, from what I've read/heard, his did OK. I've not heard of complaints about incompetence etc.

The thing to bear in mind (IMO) is that the majority of the population do not give a f*ck about politics. So, someone like Boris who people find amusing, can laugh at himself and is not 'on message' all of the time will be a breath of fresh air. Look around the world and see that people are disillusioned with the spin, lies and confrontational style of politics.

Agree re Ruth D but presumably this would kill off any chance of the DUP support working......

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
As 'live by the sea" is obviously an expert on the subject, could he please explain to me in simple terms what a Marxist is without relying on quoting internet links?

larus

Agree re Ruth D but presumably this would kill off any chance of the DUP support working......

Actually, I think if Ruth D got the job and the support from the DUP stopped and triggered an election, this would be good for the Tories.

She's younger.
Female (yes, I know it's stating the obvious).
Gay.
Personable.

I could see her getting very good poll ratings.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Actually, I think if Ruth D got the job and the support from the DUP stopped and triggered an election, this would be good for the Tories.

She's younger.
Female (yes, I know it's stating the obvious).
Gay.
Personable.

I could see her getting very good poll ratings.

Quite possibly.........think she is a future leader for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here