Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diane Abbott in fine form this morning...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
diane.jpg

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Diane Abbott is a pioneering politician who gets routinely abused for being a black woman with the "wrong" politics. Funnily enough in Sayeeda Warsi she has a Tory equivalent who also gets the hate mobs for being the wrong colour and wrong sex - great piece just published by Peter Oborne here http://www.middleeasteye.net/column...tell-all-tells-us-about-tory-party-1369883076

I find it very satisfying knowing that at present your suffering almost on a daily basis with the failure of the left wing element of your party and I only hope you and your comrades realise your not liked by the vast majority of this country and never will be and after the election you **** off and never come back, feel free to bounce this On Friday 9th June dickhead.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You have truly bought in to Tory arrogance. What a lovely generous attitude you have.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Have to ask,Her Highness Emily Thornbury seems to be playing a loyal,interesting card on how she has mellowed her tone towards The Tories. Waiting in the Wings maybe ?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
NOW is the time for Jezza to capture the momentum...

Westminster voting intention (YouGov 02-03 May):
CON: 48% (+4)
LAB: 29% (-2)
LDEM: 10% (-1)
UKIP: 5% (-1)

Are we playing the game of selectively posting polls?

3rd May: Panelbase GB poll has topline figures of CON 47%(-2), LAB 30%(+3), LDEM 10%(nc), UKIP 5%(nc), GRN 2%(-1).

Labour are of course still very far behind in the polls but the vast majority of recent polls have shown Labour gaining ground on the Conservatives, not the other way around.

The closest poll I have seen recently was on 30th April: an ORB poll in the Sunday Telegraph. Topline figures there are CON 42%, LAB 31%, LDEM 10%, UKIP 8%.

They look almost identical... not sure what your point is.

I wasn't entirely sure what your point was. You seemed to be sarcastically suggesting now was the time for Corbyn to capture the momentum, implying that the polls showed the momentum was with the Conservatives (+4%). That just isn't true.

See my edit for a closer poll; but me selectively posting that poll is just as pointless as you selectively posting the one you did.

More selective polling:

CON: 49% (+3)
LAB: 27% (-1)
LDEM: 9% (-1)
UKIP: 6% (-2)
GRN: 3% (-1)

Courtesy of Britain Elects (via @ICMResearch / 05 – 07 May)

#thebigmo

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Can we really believe that such a gap between Conservatives and Labour exists?
Well, it didn't for the local elections. So it is surely closer than that in reality... but hard to understand why the polls are so far adrift when lefties are usually pretty vocal??

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well, it didn't for the local elections. So it is surely closer than that in reality... but hard to understand why the polls are so far adrift when lefties are usually pretty vocal??

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The boss of BBC Question Time spoke about this a year back in a radio interview. He explained that the BBC try to make their audience an accurate cross section of views in the country, but some far more so on the left side, are disingenuous when screened for the show. Giving a noisy rabble, who violently applause the grandstanding on stage from the Marxist, whilst interrupting everyone else.

Leaving the quiet 70%.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I don't believe it. With statesman like big hitters such as Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott, Labour surely have at least half of the country behind them.

The independent pollsters are part of a right wing conspiracy.
Yep, we'll Abbott reckons 75% of the country are behind her and the other 50% are racists.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The boss of BBC Question Time spoke about this a year back in a radio interview. He explained that the BBC try to make their audience an accurate cross section of views in the country, but some far more so on the left side, are disingenuous when screened for the show. Giving a noisy rabble, who violently applause the grandstanding on stage from the Marxist, whilst interrupting everyone else.

Leaving the quiet 70%.

Good post.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here