Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Burger

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Samsons was always very good. I used to love their bacon and blue cheese burger. It was a great old restaurant that. White wine vinegar on the chips, and the pickle tray......

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
GBK used to be good, but has declined. Grubbs was good until I encountered severe food poisoning. Uncle SAMs has also declined.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Excuse my ignorance but where is

Trolls Pantry, Burger Bros & Burger Off ?

Trolls Pantry - Hobgoblin Pub on London Road and at the street food market in the grounds of Brighthelm on Fridays.
Burger Bros - Somewhere in the lanes.
Burger Off - near Palmeira Square, on a side street off Western Road.

Uncle Sams for me is awful, been there once and it was dry tasteless crap, McDonalds is nicer than that (admittedly the Big Tasty is rather nice).

This thread is threatening my new diet !!

Jul 7, 2003
Burger Bros - Somewhere in the lanes.

Burger Brothers are on North Road, just east of Jubilee Street.

The only opinion I respect on this matter is TheDonkeyCentreHalf's.

Thanks mate. As a man who has been known to indulge in a burger or two, I am finding it difficult to split Burger Brothers and Trolls Pantry. Both use high quality meat and buns and are worth the premium. The main difference is BB have a fairly set menu whereas the Troll is always changing his toppings so there is more variety. Troll is hopefully soon to be serving medium/well cooked burgers again which really show off the quality of the beef.

Interesting to see the comments about Five Guys - I have eaten these in the states and they are the best of the chains so good to see them over here giving the woeful BK and McD's a run for their money.

Have been a Grubbs fan since I was a kid and they are still okay but need to up their game now that the new boys are showing them what can be done.

Uncle Sams is hit and miss depending on who is running the franchise. The Burgess Hill one is consistently good, the one in Worthing okay and the Durrington one you should steer clear of.

Burgers in The Basketmakers used to be good but have got quite dry in recent years. The Elly in Lewes is good value for pub burgers and good but not great.

The North Laine pub burger I had a while ago was one of the better pub burgers I have had and not bad value for money.

All Beef Burger Co in Worthing is the best of a bad bunch but only average and over priced. Worthing used to have good burger places (Grubbs, KC's, the one opposite the Wortax office that used to do Chernobyl burgers, Flemings) but there isn't a single place in Worthing that does a decent burger these days. Probably not a bad thing for my ever expanding waistline!

Jul 7, 2003
Forgot to mention Byron in London. Went there with high expectations but to me they weren't anything special. Want totry Honest Burger on my next trip to the big city as they are meant to be very good.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Samsons was always very good. I used to love their bacon and blue cheese burger. It was a great old restaurant that. White wine vinegar on the chips, and the pickle tray......

GBK used to be good, but has declined. Grubbs was good until I encountered severe food poisoning. Uncle SAMs has also declined.

I used to go to Samsons with my mum when she had first left my dad and was living almost next to it in Kemp Town. The burgers were bloody excellent but you can imagine the conversations with a recently divorced, stressed out forty something were a little odd. I never went back again for that reason alone.

I was really looking forward to trying GBK when it opened a branch here but I was seriously underwhelmed. Haven't been back.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I used to go to Samsons with my mum when she had first left my dad and was living almost next to it in Kemp Town. The burgers were bloody excellent but you can imagine the conversations with a recently divorced, stressed out forty something were a little odd. I never went back again for that reason alone.

I was really looking forward to trying GBK when it opened a branch here but I was seriously underwhelmed. Haven't been back.

Big fan of GBK myself. Try and get out for a burger for lunch once a week with one of the guys I work with, going to have to try Burger Off!

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Right I will be going for a burger tomorrow in central Brighton for lunch with not a long walk from North St, where is good to go (other than GBK)?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Right I will be going for a burger tomorrow in central Brighton for lunch with not a long walk from North St, where is good to go (other than GBK)?

Burger Brothers is your best bet, it's on North Road near Giraffe, Bills & The Fountain Head.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Brighton Burger (next to the Giggling Squid & near Fat Leo, The Druids Head, Donatello's etc) is conspicuous by its absence so far. Has anyone tried it? I haven't yet, but keep intending to...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Uncle Sam's varies MASSIVELY depending on which branch you go to. The Rustington one is PHENOMENAL, and has been for over 10 years now (same owners/staff for a long time). Meanwhile the Broadwater one is SHITE.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton Burger (next to the Giggling Squid & near Fat Leo, The Druids Head, Donatello's etc) is conspicuous by its absence so far. Has anyone tried it? I haven't yet, but keep intending to...

Not bad but not special IMO.

And to be honest (as the thread shows) there are SO many options now that there's no point going for an average burger.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
:lol:

[MENTION=15936]The Bun Elephant[/MENTION]

Burger Off is in Brunswick Street West (Hove)

Indeed - the road between the Freemasons and Gourmet Pizza Kitchen. It's a couple of doors down from the Bow St Runner (oddest pub in Hove?) and BIM, which used to be Riley's snooker club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here