Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jobsworth- taking picture of a rainbow is banned at Lancing

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
mmmm i wonder if Sky TV or high profile guests wanted to take pics of a rainbow i doubt if anyone at the club would stop them.

Sky TV are part of the clubs biggest income stream - via Premier League funding. Not a good comparison

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Since everyone has a hi res camera / video camera on their phone these days it's not surprising.

Photography is banned in my work place for visitors.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hmm, I've been involved in schools football at Lancing and our school, and others, took loads of photos. We were outside. We took photos of our teams, the outside parts of the complex and of the Brighton women's football team. At no point were we ever told not to take photos nor warned of any restrictions.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Hmm, I've been involved in schools football at Lancing and our school, and others, took loads of photos. We were outside. We took photos of our teams, the outside parts of the complex and of the Brighton women's football team. At no point were we ever told not to take photos nor warned of any restrictions.

I went to two events there last year. On the first photography was banned and on the second it was permitted. My assumption was that the training ground was in use by the players on the first day but not on the second.

In short, I guess it depends when and why you are there.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I went to two events there last year. On the first photography was banned and on the second it was permitted. My assumption was that the training ground was in use by the players on the first day but not on the second.

In short, I guess it depends when and why you are there.

Must be pretty annoying having strangers try to take pics of you?!

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
There is also the issue of safeguarding children especially given the recent events in the news. There are signs all over the training ground that state no photos so I can't see why you have an issue.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why is the club allienating its supporters so much recently, apart from stories of disabled people not being able to use the lifts at the Amex when i have personally seen guests of the club freely use the lifts ?

This week my nephew was playing at Lancing for RMA when someone was stopped taking a picture with their mobile phone of a lovely rainbow in the sky, i totally understand not being permitted to take pictures or videos of games however clearly pointing your camera at the sky is not a offence !

Anyone else had issues with "jobsworths " at the club.

I too am appalled at the Albion's treatment of disabled fan [MENTION=15734]harry[/MENTION]Wilson'sTackle .

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Was this on Wednesday about 6.20pm? If so this is probably the same rainbow. They can download a copy with my compliments.

Edit: it was the right way up when I saw it.

View attachment 95662
What a beautiful rainbow. You can see why the op’s friend was tempted . Anyone would be.
But I guess the club has to stick to policy, even when faced with high-end rainbows like this.
Its a fascinating talking point.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What a snowflake the OP is

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
mmmm i wonder if Sky TV or high profile guests wanted to take pics of a rainbow i doubt if anyone at the club would stop them.

I'm not sure Sky would want to take a picture of the sky.

They're probably quite familiar with it.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Why is the club allienating its supporters so much recently, apart from stories of disabled people not being able to use the lifts at the Amex when i have personally seen guests of the club freely use the lifts ?

What a load of old guff.
Albion are virtually the best club in the country in how it treats its disabled fans. And you can't "freely" use the lifts as i suspect you well know.

disability-survey1.jpg

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
What a load of old guff.
Albion are virtually the best club in the country in how it treats its disabled fans. And you can't "freely" use the lifts as i suspect you well know.
Exactly - they may let guests use the lifts going up but wouldn't let them use it in an emergency. Big difference between allowing someone they want to impress for whatever reason to use the lifts as a courtesy as opposed to letting someone to use the lift because they can't use the stairs. If these were guests who were also unable to use the stairs for WSU then there may be a point. But I guess these are people that can use the stairs if required.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Witnessed something extremely disatestful this evening in West Stand reception around 5.25.
A number of Japanese children, clearly visiting the Amex for the first time, wanted to come into reception to meet, what I’d imagine, was a group of people who would have included the Leicester player from that country.
The female security guard would only let 3 of the 7 kids plus their tour leader in, leaving the other 4 outside just as it was starting to rain, when questioned further the club employee still said no, adding that she freely admitted to being ‘hard faced cow’.
Perhaps that should be hard faced racist cow?

theboybilly

Witnessed something extremely disatestful this evening in West Stand reception around 5.25.
A number of Japanese children, clearly visiting the Amex for the first time, wanted to come into reception to meet, what I’d imagine, was a group of people who would have included the Leicester player from that country.
The female security guard would only let 3 of the 7 kids plus their tour leader in, leaving the other 4 outside just as it was starting to rain, when questioned further the club employee still said no, adding that she freely admitted to being ‘hard faced cow’.

Email Paul Barber if you feel that strongly. Seriously this needs looking into

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Anyone scream for a policeman? :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here