Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Don't go knocking Hamilton now!

His two youngters rode a great Willunga Hill!

I haven't taken time to work out the scores but a cursory look suggests it could come down to (insert Irish accent here) "bonifications" for the victory.

I've really enjoyed this race again. Coverage has been superb once more with McEwen's excellent summing up making P&P bearable. The racing has been exciting over familiar parcours, even if one of my least favorite riders won GC, again.

Thank you [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION]

I freely admit that the Hamilton boys were pure vanity signings, but I had not expected one of them to score more than Impey, G, Lars Boom and Hesjedal. Ryder Hesjedal has scored 4 points for god's sake! I mean, I know he's probably serving domestique duties at Trek, but I'd expect to feature in amongst the points a bit more. This is a chap who came 5th at the Giro.

I feel my team have let me down a little and I will be sending them out for extra training.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Thank you [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION]

I freely admit that the Hamilton boys were pure vanity signings, but I had not expected one of them to score more than Impey, G, Lars Boom and Hesjedal. Ryder Hesjedal has scored 4 points for god's sake! I mean, I know he's probably serving domestique duties at Trek, but I'd expect to feature in amongst the points a bit more. This is a chap who came 5th at the Giro.

I feel my team have let me down a little and I will be sending them out for extra training.

You're welcome. The Hamilton boys were always going to be a good pick, but if you're after sympathy for the Hesjedal signing you'll need to ask elsewhere :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ohh that was close, well played 1066.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ohh that was close, well played 1066.

Thanks SB, nice to see it go to the wire.

Hopefully we'll get a similarly good league turn out for the desert races next.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Thanks SB, nice to see it go to the wire.

Hopefully we'll get a similarly good league turn out for the desert races next.

Knocked off the podium at the end. :down:

Your three line whip will be needed again for the desert races, 1066. Well done on getting this going (and then winning, as always).

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Knocked off the podium at the end. :down:

Your three line whip will be needed again for the desert races, 1066. Well done on getting this going (and then winning, as always).

Not sure about the winning again, I don't think I've won one of these velogames ones yet.

Might need someone else to organise the next race - it took me three attempts to get the right info out for this one! :dunce:

Oh, and I'll have a word with 1066 mini and remind him about respecting his elders rather than nicking their podium spot :lol:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Not sure about the winning again, I don't think I've won one of these velogames ones yet.

Might need someone else to organise the next race - it took me three attempts to get the right info out for this one! :dunce:

Oh, and I'll have a word with 1066 mini and remind him about respecting his elders rather than nicking their podium spot :lol:

I thought it might be him! :annoyed::clap:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought it might be him! :annoyed::clap:
1 chicken, 2 chickens Pogue.

You had your hands off the bars a long way from the line!

More good work from the Strava geeks.
We're going closer to 200 miles in order the claim the top spot, well done all.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Bloodyhell, hope the Giant riders are okay.

73 year old British women, sounding like she was on the wrong side of the road, ploughs head on into the Giant team. Several of them remain in hospital.

I suppose we'll have to welcome her back on our roads at some point will we?

We had one incident in a quiet village yesterday, no pavements, pedestrians walking towards us, parked cars on the other side of the road, no traffic to speak of, but this old duffer still needs to overtake us while we're overtaking the pedestrian, squeezing between us, the parked cars and the walkers. Just ridiculous decision of the driver to put so many people at risk for a 10 second wait on his part.

Mar 12, 2008
Bloodyhell, hope the Giant riders are okay.

73 year old British women, sounding like she was on the wrong side of the road, ploughs head on into the Giant team. Several of them remain in hospital.

I suppose we'll have to welcome her back on our roads at some point will we?

We had one incident in a quiet village yesterday, no pavements, pedestrians walking towards us, parked cars on the other side of the road, no traffic to speak of, but this old duffer still needs to overtake us while we're overtaking the pedestrian, squeezing between us, the parked cars and the walkers. Just ridiculous decision of the driver to put so many people at risk for a 10 second wait on his part.

Be interesting to see whether a dangerous driving charge materialises?

I hear you Bold. I had two shouts of 'get on the cycle lane' this weekend - one by Hollingbury golf club where the 'cycle lane' is gravel, and the other on the way into Newhaven, which is broken up by numerous junctions and unfinished. The anger inside drivers never ceases to amaze.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yay my new winter shoes, this time the correct size, have finally arrived.

I currently have them on and my feet are lovely and warm.
So if nothing else they work as slippers.

What about your light Bold, has that arrived yet?

kip

Aug 2, 2011
Be interesting to see whether a dangerous driving charge materialises?

I hear you Bold. I had two shouts of 'get on the cycle lane' this weekend - one by Hollingbury golf club where the 'cycle lane' is gravel, and the other on the way into Newhaven, which is broken up by numerous junctions and unfinished. The anger inside drivers never ceases to amaze.
This is exactly the reason I don't like riding on the road, I end up more stressed than when I started. I was really pleased when that cycle lane was put in by the golf course because it means I can get up to Stanmer and the downs without the risk of getting killed.

My misses the other day moaned that there was a bike on the road when there was a cycle lane, when I pointed out that it was a ROAD bike doing 25mph she still didn't get it. I spent the rest of the journey explaining why road bikes are not suited to cycle paths. People just don't get it

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yay my new winter shoes, this time the correct size, have finally arrived.

I currently have them on and my feet are lovely and warm.
So if nothing else they work as slippers.

What about your light Bold, has that arrived yet?

Yes, not used it yet. Looks a tidy bit of kit though, with a mount for your helmet or your handle bars. Could be a while before it gets a test though....

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Horrible commute today. Both directions. Just horrible.

Will it ever get any better? Ever?

I'm gonna buy a house in France.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Northwave Fahrenheit 2 GTX Winter Road Shoes

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/northwave-fahrenheit-2-gtx-winter-road-shoes/?sku=5360720452

northwavefahrenheit2gtxroadshoes.jpg

Stupid money for another pair of seasonal shoes but if they work, hopefully I'll find out tomorrow night, it'll be worth it.

I had 2 justifications:-

1 - They were under £100 :facepalm:
B - Over the years I think I've spent more than that on just about every variation of winter sock, plus at least 4 different pairs of overshoes. All of which have resulted in fookin cold feet.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Horrible commute today. Both directions. Just horrible.

Will it ever get any better? Ever?

I'm gonna buy a house in France.

I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of torrential rain on the way in this morning, given the forecast. The home run made up for it though, and with a very blustery headwind thrown in for good measure.

Northwave Fahrenheit 2 GTX Winter Road Shoes

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/northwave-fahrenheit-2-gtx-winter-road-shoes/?sku=5360720452

View attachment 71865

Stupid money for another pair of seasonal shoes but if they work, hopefully I'll find out tomorrow night, it'll be worth it.

I had 2 justifications:-

1 - They were under £100 :facepalm:
B - Over the years I think I've spent more than that on just about every variation of winter sock, plus at least 4 different pairs of overshoes. All of which have resulted in fookin cold feet.

Hideous SB, just hideous.

They look like the cycling equivalent of those booties modern footballers are now wearing.

Did they come with a free snood by any chance? :lolol:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of torrential rain on the way in this morning, given the forecast. The home run made up for it though, and with a very blustery headwind thrown in for good measure.

Hideous SB, just hideous.

They look like the cycling equivalent of those booties modern footballers are now wearing.

Did they come with a free snood by any chance? :lolol:

It rained, torrentially, for me on both morning and evening rides (as well as some little ones inbetween).

We need pictures of Stat actually wearing those travesties. If he's wearing them around the house, video of him slipping over would be a bonus.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
With the proceeds of the sale of my garminge2 to NE, I ordered an HRM. In the usual way, nobody was in so I've got to go to smegging Snodland to collect it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here