Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Dont wish to gatecrash the Remainers coffee morning today, but at some point you will need to reconcile the fact that our negotiations with the EU isnt to stay in it.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
...cool, and the plan is?

What part of a plan do you require, single market, immigration, trade,customs union, what exactly do you feel needs to be said ?

The problem is you will not hear what you want to hear, you are a Remainer, a sure fire defeatist, you are sure to your core that we cannot possibly prosper or even survive without being wrapped within this political union, things are being said you just are not listening.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
What part of a plan do you require, single market, immigration, trade,customs union, what exactly do you feel needs to be said ?

The problem is you will not hear what you want to hear, you are a Remainer, a sure fire defeatist, you are sure to your core that we cannot possibly prosper or even survive without being wrapped within this political union, things are being said you just are not listening.

Not at all. I asked you what the plan was. Rather than the tired remoaner crap, maybe answer? Just an idea.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Quite astonishing, you can almost smell the ammonia. Accept the referendum result ... hilarious.The only type of 'consensual' Brexit they would accept ... stay members of the internal market, stay in the customs union, stay under the jurisdiction of the ECJ, keep free movement etc. Undemocratic extremist loons.

:facepalm:

I know you're really enjoying your current theme of calling people who disagree with you 'undemocratic extremists' but can you just explain why people who would prefer the soft Brexit you outline above to the hard Brexit preferred by UKIP members, a subsection of the Tory party and a minority of the general public deserve it?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Not at all. I asked you what the plan was. Rather than the tired remoaner crap, maybe answer? Just an idea.

Tell me the things that you feel are important to UK interests now that we are to leave and I will say we hope to get the best possible deal on all of them and similarly throughout the wider world, thats the plan the aspiration of the consequence of Brexit, you dont like it so you dismiss it and come out with claptrap of 'no plan' that is the plan, its an evolving plan that I believe will deliver better outcomes for the UK, I doubt it is a plan that you endorse, but that doesnt mean there isnt a plan, thats just plain daft.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Tell me the things that you feel are important to UK interests now that we are to leave and I will say we hope[/U] to get the best possible deal on all of them and similarly throughout the wider world, thats the plan the aspiration of the consequence of Brexit, you dont like it so you dismiss it and come out with claptrap of 'no plan' that is the plan, its an evolving plan that I believe will deliver better outcomes for the UK, I doubt it is a plan that you endorse, but that doesnt mean there isnt a plan, thats just plain daft.

Im reassured. Thanks.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Tell me the things that you feel are important to UK interests now that we are to leave and I will say we hope to get the best possible deal on all of them and similarly throughout the wider world, thats the plan the aspiration of the consequence of Brexit, you dont like it so you dismiss it and come out with claptrap of 'no plan' that is the plan, its an evolving plan that I believe will deliver better outcomes for the UK, I doubt it is a plan that you endorse, but that doesnt mean there isnt a plan, thats just plain daft.

So the plan is "hope to get the best possible deal"?

Brilliant. we cannot fail.

It's like a kid that has been asked 10 times to hand in his homework, eventually he'll have to admit he hasn't done it. Saying "I hope to do a really good essay" is not the same as handing in a really good essay.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Ah Mrs May's favourite saying 'the best possible deal'.

But what exactly is 'the best possible deal'. If all you are offered is no deal then logically no deal becomes 'the best possible deal'

Perhaps rather than rolling out meaningless slogans you could enlighten us with what is the minimum requirement that the UK is aiming for in the discussions with the EU.

That way the whole country can see whether we have obtained those or indeed bettered them.

That way come the 2020 election everyone can yse that data in weighing up who to vote for.

Looking forward to your lengthy response with the full details.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

It's like a kid that has been asked 10 times to hand in his homework, eventually he'll have to admit he hasn't done it. Saying "I hope to do a really good essay" is not the same as handing in a really good essay.

The dog ate it
We had a burglary......

No essay is the best possible essay I could do therefore I expect A+ because no essay is the best possible essay for the whole country.

We can now rejoice and let no essay forever be held aloft as a shining example of the UK at its best alone in the world but free of that nasty EU teacher that demanded a minimum of 1500 words all spelt correctly with faultless grammar.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It would seem sensible to have a pause for reflection when more of the "unknowns" become "knowns" - unless you don't really care what the "new knowns" are.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

the thing is that the EU teacher has only said "we'll ask you to write an essay" and refuse to say what subject or anything expected from it. we know from the syllabus a few things need to be touched on, but nothing firm.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It would seem sensible to have a pause for reflection when more of the "unknowns" become "knowns" - unless you don't really care what the "new knowns" are.

That seems a good idea. Unfortunately at least one poster on here has said that anyone who suggests such a pause for reflection* is an extremist and undemocratic loon, unless the pause happens AFTER we have actually left the EU. No I don't understand this either. He'll be along in a minute I hope.

*In fairness to the Brexit Ultras, they feel that a Pause for Reflection is undemocratic and extreme only if it involves getting the views of the electorate.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
This didn't help my breakfast go down either. There is a fatal tendency by Brexiters to regard any serious warnings, from any source, as 'bedwetting by remoaners'. It doesn't matter where the warning comes from. Last week we had a leading UKIP politician being accused on here of remoaning because he expressed a worry about market-access. This morning we will have Steve Woolcock (above) charged with something similar even though he is a Brexit department appointee in charge of trying to dig the government out of its hole.

Anyone who disagrees with the Brexit orthodoxy is cast as some sort of economic kaffir. Witness the BBC cowering under funding threats from Westminster for having the temerity to give coverage to the Disbelievers, threats so forceful that the corporation shied away from giving much coverage at all to last week's pro-EU demo (unlike Sky, who simply followed its news instincts). That wasn't the biggest story of the week but everything is now becoming a bit USSR.

What a steaming pile of .....
The BBC gave loads of coverage to the disrespectful demonstration in London,as I have already pointed out!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ah Mrs May's favourite saying 'the best possible deal'.

But what exactly is 'the best possible deal'. If all you are offered is no deal then logically no deal becomes 'the best possible deal'

Perhaps rather than rolling out meaningless slogans you could enlighten us with what is the minimum requirement that the UK is aiming for in the discussions with the EU.

That way the whole country can see whether we have obtained those or indeed bettered them.

That way come the 2020 election everyone can yse that data in weighing up who to vote for.

Looking forward to your lengthy response with the full details.

Or what does [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] feel the best deal is?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Next time you play poker, just make sure you show the other players your hand first, eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here