Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber - ID checks of fans at away games?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
So what happens if you buy a ticket but cant make it anymore???

This.

Myself and 2 of my sons had tickets for Forest, we all had enough points and bought tickets. One of my sons friends who is also a ST holder and regular at away games was too slow buying a Forest ticket and missed getting one.
A friend of mine had a spare because a member of his family couldn't go, so he sold the ticket at face value to my sons mate.

I can't see any problem with this, one fan goes because another was ill or whatever.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I can't check as I don't have my wallet with me - but I'm pretty sure your name isn't printed on the (away) tickets anyway. So how would they know it's not yours?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Massive own goal from the club on both fronts, loyalty points and season tickets not being allowed to be kept in the family if a child moves to uni and stops going then another child in the family can't start using that ticket, ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS
Totally agree. I have a son who works away now so can't get to most games so I take my Dad, which is ok as U21 & OAP are same price. But I'd like to start taking my 5 yr old and put it his name but no can do. Next season my eldest will be 21 so will be full price so that's being cancelled now. Fortunately his seat isn't the middle one otherwise that'd be a right pain. My other son has been to a few away games with me this year. He's 16, he has no form of photo ID other than his passport and I'm not taking that to football matches.

Away tickets don't have names on. So to check you're the ticket holder they're either going to have staff walking round with lists of the ticket allocations to check against or put your name on the ticket before they post out. Can't see either happening tbh.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Also i split my sons season ticket with my other son as cant afford to buy the extra and so they alternate so i suppose this will have to stop too ? Barmy .

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The ****ing problem at Forest was there were 8000 (EIGHT THOUSAND) spare seats not made available to Albion. Honestly, there are days when football disappears up its own arrogant backside and today is just another one. Barber scored massive own goal with this but why should he care. Its his ball and he chooses who gets to play with. When we're back in L1 one day, he'll have been binned with a huge pay off and club be creeping and crawling to get fans through turnstiles but this sort of thing will be remembered to the clubs costs as fans have very long memories and dont take kindly to. Trouble is, as soon as a club is on the rise it gets all heavy handed. Albion do well to remember where its come from and where it will return to sure as eggs are eggs one day.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I suspect this isn't about fairness as much as restricting the large number of bell-ends who on some days clearly manage to get tickets despite being in high demand. Forest was proof of this - sold out weeks ago, yet a few of our idiots (rarely seen north of London) got hold of tickets.

It's the risk of trouble they're trying to eliminate I think.

I didn't see any trouble or hear of any issues, what happened at Forest?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
They might not be able to insist but instead request with powers to refuse to admit to the ground if the person doesn't comply. I imagine it's something you would have to agree to as a purchaser of a ticket. I'm sure that football lawyers have been consulted as to the legality of any move towards this.

In which case this has to be done at turnstiles, with permission and assistance of other club. We can't be the first club in this position - has there been other instances of traveling teams officials conducting ticket checks as well as home club? Would be interested to know.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
In unrelated news I know where to get decent fake ID's :cool:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Plenty of season ticket holders go to barely any of the games, they just do it so they can go on their DAY TRIPS to the big games.

Anyway this matters little to me, my loyalty points are nowhere near high enough. It's the one reason I want us to stay down, when I come back in October I'll have a great chance of getting a ticket, if we're in the PL the JCL kru will run me out of town :ohmy:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
In which case this has to be done at turnstiles, with permission and assistance of other club. We can't be the first club in this position - has there been other instances of traveling teams officials conducting ticket checks as well as home club? Would be interested to know.

I would hazard a guess that all clubs at least in the top two divisions will be implementing this. I can't imagine us being the only club going out on a limb by ourselves.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
I think PB could be cutting his nose off in spite of his face if we dont go up and have a hypia year next season .... Hope im wrong

Plenty of season ticket holders go to barely any of the games, they just do it so they can go on their DAY TRIPS to the big games.

Anyway this matters little to me, my loyalty points are nowhere near high enough. It's the one reason I want us to stay down, when I come back in October I'll have a great chance of getting a ticket, if we're in the PL the JCL kru will run me out of town :ohmy:

You need to purchase tickets for others to bounce up your loyalty points:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here