Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans acknowledgement on promotion - petition

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
So to confirm this isn't a wind up from fans of other clubs. Goodness me.

Maybe those of us who donated money in c2004 to keep the club afloat should demand shares in the club and our money back. This will make us the laughing stock of the football world - give it 24 hours and it will be everywhere. Idiots.

Watch it get hijacked by fans from other clubs with piss take comments*

*we would with palace I am sure.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Not only embarrassing, but also a little annoying. I (like many others on here) am a member of that Goldstone facebook page (lots of interesting photos and memories of past times) and do not at all like that this nonsense demand is signed on my behalf.

There are a few people saying this on the page.

Yoda

English & European
Erm. Thoughts? Still can't work out if this is a joke?!

https://www.change.org/p/brighton-and-hove-albion-football-club-acknowledgment-on-promotion

Many long standing Brighton fans will recall the good times at the Goldstone Ground, previous home of Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club. Many will also recall the bad times through the 90's. We almost went out of business and dropped out of the football league all together.
Through the dedication of Brighton supporters and the support of many other clubs supporters including those from clubs such as Plymouth Argyle, Lincoln City, Portsmouth, Charlton and many more, including fans from international clubs from countries such as Germany and The Netherlands.
We helped bring national and international attention to the plight of our great club. It helped to save us from dropping out of football league and save our club from oblivion. (Of course with the dedication and financial help help of a few special people).
We ask the management of the club to ensure and promise the fans that in the event of a club promotion to the Premier League, either this season or any season in the future, that they conduct or hold a special event including press reporting either pre-match or half time during the first home game of said season that serves to acknowledge the Brighton fans and just as importantly the fans of the clubs that attended and helped organise Fans United Day against Hartlepool FC and other events during the troubled days of the 90's and further to acknowledge the struggles of all clubs up and down the country suffering at the hands of poor management and that Brighton is a beacon of what 'could be' with the right support and actions.
This would be an acknowledgement that would endear the management of Brighton even further in the minds of Albion fans and cement that relationship.
We understand the club is already marking the anniversary this year but we are specifically asking for acknowledgment of fans of all clubs that supported us as a way of thanking them and dedicating, in part, our success to them.
This petition is submitted not because the club is refusing to do any such thing but as a way of fans being able to sign their support for such an idea and to make the club aware of the support for such an idea.
Signed: The Goldstone Ground Facebook Group and Brighton Supporters everywhere.

This petition will be delivered to:
Board of Directors
Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club
Chairman, Brighton & Hove Albion FC
Tony Bloom
Chief Executive, Brighton & Hove Albion FC
Paul Barber
Read the letter
Rob Ellison started this petition with a single signature, and now has 15 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.

If that is the case, I DEMAND recognition for going all the way to Chester on 'National Falmer Day', when it happens.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
His facebook has gone now.

Dont need to look at it to realise he is a grade A tool though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Erm. Thoughts? Still can't work out if this is a joke?!
No idea!

Through the dedication of Brighton supporters and the support of many other clubs supporters including those from clubs such as Plymouth Argyle, Lincoln City, Portsmouth, Charlton and many more, including fans from international clubs from countries such as Germany and The Netherlands.
........but I do know that this isn't even a sentence!

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
We understand the club is already marking the anniversary this year but we are specifically asking for acknowledgment of fans of all clubs that supported us as a way of thanking them and dedicating, in part, our success to them.

I suspect that this would be part of how the club commemorates those 20 years.

How specific would the club need to be in order to satisfy those demands?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I bet he wants recognition each time he has a ****ing bowel movement.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Many long standing Brighton fans will recall the good times at the Goldstone Ground, previous home of Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club.

Also, for me I am not sure I like the idea of whitewashing out the subsequent years between The Goldstone and The Amex - while most hated travelling to Gillingham and Withdean was a joke we had some very successful periods while playing in the middle of the running track!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The world has gone petition mad! Just like the all the others at the moment, won't make a difference...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here