Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nugent to Derby.

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
Completely different player to Baldock and wouldn't play the same role as him anyway.

Must be watching a different player to me then. Works hard for the team, closes defenders down very well and knows where the net is. So in the latter regard he is a completely different player your right.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Really have an intense dislike for Nugent and don't really know why. Very overrated striker for me. Lazy and gives up far too easily when things aren't going my way.

Murray and Hemed better players who will fight the cause more in the last few months of the season.

Seriously? I'm not going to come on here and claim Nugent is Messi-esque but to suggest he's lazy and gives up too easily tells me you've never actually seen him play!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
£2.5m and a three year contract. Not surprised we didn't go for that.

Fact that we wanted him but on a loan might be a clue about how relaxed TB is about getting a striker. Manage your expectations everyone!

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
A bit cheeky and probably unlikely, but I'd like Odion Ighalo please. Proven at this level and PL although has been shite for Watford for a number of months now. They've got Deeney, Okaka and others. Unlikely I know, be gentle with me.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Seriously? I'm not going to come on here and claim Nugent is Messi-esque but to suggest he's lazy and gives up too easily tells me you've never actually seen him play!

Seriously. Seen him play against us a number of times and he has been shocking on a number of occasions. Worst was when we beat them at the Amex in their title winning season. Was ineffective, lazy and dived all game.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So by my count the current forwards Derby have are -

Johnny Russell
Darren Bent
James Wilson
Abdoul Camara
Nick Blackman
Matej Vydra
Andreas Weimann

And Chris Martin out on loan

Hmm, but if we did the same comparison of 'strikers' from the BHA site, we'd get:-

Skalak
Baldock
Hemed
Murphy
Murray
Manu
March

You see?
No. All of those on your list are forwards, or forwards/wingers. Skalak, Murphy and March are all midfielders, not forwards. Crossing Manu and Wilson off, as they're not with us, and you've got 6 forwards, plus Nugent = 7. Don't you think that's a lot?

I see that you're saying you just got the list from online, as you felt the same was done with your lot. So, out of your team, who plays front 2?

Last edited:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
On the internet, yes, that is true ! You should try the political threads. On second thoughts , don't !

I've given up even reading most of the political threads on here as it seems like everyone is either categorised into a looney vegan leftie or a right-wing fascist nazi sympathiser depending on which side of the argument you fall on.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I've given up even reading most of the political threads on here as it seems like everyone is either categorised into a looney vegan leftie or a right-wing fascist nazi sympathiser depending on which side of the argument you fall on.

Come over to Brexit,we are all mad over on that thread you know..

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Sleep easy; maybe we aren't nailed on, but Derby will not catch us, 100%

Sadly they don't have to catch us per se but if we were to drop out of the top two then, assuming they made top six, they would have caught up - hope not !

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Sadly they don't have to catch us per se but if we were to drop out of the top two then, assuming they made top six, they would have caught up - hope not !

Agree. If we let the pack catch us then it's the proverbial lottery. Whilst I am not overly confident just yet of auto's, I'm more than confident that Derby won't finish above us

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Couldnt agree more. Its just a classic throw away comment that a striker is lazy and has a bad attitude.

Personally I think you have over paid for him. But he will get you goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here