Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings - Fulham (a)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was listening to the game on the radio and after we went ahead, we were on the back foot and I heard Hemed's name several times as he cleared the ball from set pieces. From the comments on this thread, it sounds like he won and scored the penalty but did little else. Were they over-selling it on the radio or did he actually do a decent defensive job when we trying to cling on to all three points?

Difficult to see the other end clearly but did seem to put a couple of clearing headers in at least - also held it up up top a couple of times and set Solly off at least once (I think - memory may be slightly corrupted in all the excitement :cool:)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I was listening to the game on the radio and after we went ahead, we were on the back foot and I heard Hemed's name several times as he cleared the ball from set pieces. From the comments on this thread, it sounds like he won and scored the penalty but did little else. Were they over-selling it on the radio or did he actually do a decent defensive job when we trying to cling on to all three points?

We were at opposite ends, so it's not so easy to see who is clearing the ball, but we did it several times, and I remember Hemed doing so at least once.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Thought Hemed did very well came on., held the ball when he got it , moves towards the goal when he has the chance so immediately puts the opposition on the back foot, great defensively but does not chase enough though. especially if Murray is his partner.

Baldock chases the ball but does not know what to do when he gets it and his first touch is often poor. His three best goals all came when he had to make an instinctive , first time decision. A confidence issue. Like CMS he might have reached his limit.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Baldock chases the ball but does not know what to do when he gets it and his first touch is often poor. His three best goals all came when he had to make an instinctive , first time decision. A confidence issue. Like CMS he might have reached his limit.

Out of interest, which three of his goals this season, are you considering his 'best goals'?

The absolute howitzer that broke the deadlock after a scoreless hour v Colchester?
The clever flicked header that got us back level away at Reading?
The delightful chip, on the run, to give us the crucial lead at Hillsborough?
The brilliant thumping header that won three points v Wolves?
The first time right foot volley that rescued the Fulham home game?
The absolute WORLDY v QPR?

Baldock's goals ALL tend to be pretty decent. they also have a habit of coming at crucial times.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The marks given by a well known national newspaper are usually fairly balanced,but in this case it would seem a Fulham supporter had some input!;

Stockdale 7
Bruno 6
Duffy 6
Dunk 6
Bong 5
Knocky 6
Stephens 5
Norwood 6
Skalak 4
Murray 5
Baldock 4

Murphy 5
Hemed 5
March 5

Marks given to a team who have won away at Fulham,a top half side who had only lost 5 games previously!Maybe it was that bloke with the double-glazed glasses off Pointless doing the marks.:facepalm::lolol:

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Stockdale 9 -- what a penalty save
Bruno 5 -- an off-day
Duffy 9 -- extra point for the way he barged/banged into Stockdale after his penalty save; I've not idea why he thought that would endear Stockdale to him, but just goes to show that Duffy is a beat
Dunk 9.5 MotM -- near perfection, delighted he got that goal following on from that marauding run
Bong 5.5 -- one or two good defensive moments, but distribution was dire; I think Pocognoli needs a few more starts
Knockaert 6 -- I really wish he'd stop shooting from the narrowest of angles; it's not all about him; still love him though
Norwood 6.5 -- a few stray passes, a few sumptuous ones
Stephens 7 -- asserted himself and tried to get a grip of midfield, but his radar was off at times today too
Skalak 4 -- very poor, no crosses which is what he's in the team for; can't understand why he's keeping Murphy and March out, especially when Norwood's starting and is as good if not better at set pieces
Murray 6 -- did OK
Baldock 7 -- stretched them, and was the one that made us look dangerous on the break when we were being battered

March 6.5 -- didn't quite make the most of a few opportunities, but his introduction was key to turning things round, as it meant that Fredericks (who looks a player) had to think twice about rampaging forward
Hemed 8 -- won, and converted a penalty. What's not to like
Murphy n/a

Just a thought: cheeky bid for Cairney this transfer window?

Agree with those ratings and comments.

CH-- 9. Subs changed the game, again.

Fans -- 10. Great atmosphere, sang from the first minute til the last. Scenes for Dunk`s goal. Loved the "We`re one nil down, we dont give a fook, we`re Brighton & Hove Albion and we`re going up" song which changed to "From one nil down, to two one up........." within a couple of minutes. Great day out, better than last seasons win at Fulham in my book because of the nature of the comeback and the penalty save for good measure.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree with those ratings and comments.

CH-- 9. Subs changed the game, again.

Fans -- 10. Great atmosphere, sang from the first minute til the last. Scenes for Dunk`s goal. Loved the "We`re one nil down, we dont give a fook, we`re Brighton & Hove Albion and we`re going up" song which changed to "From one nil down, to two one up........." within a couple of minutes. Great day out, better than last seasons win at Fulham in my book because of the nature of the comeback and the penalty save for good measure.

Including the Duffy one? :wink:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Stockdale 9 - Great penalty save, confident handling when under pressure generally and decent kicking. Probably just about my mom
Bruno 6 - Wasn't a penalty for me but he made the referee make a decision. His game was pretty poor overall yesterday too. A number of misplaced passes. Will be good for him to have a rest in the cup
Dunk 9 - So close to man of the match due to a brilliant performance and great run and then follow on for the second goal. Brilliant player. What a season he is having
Duffy 8.5 - Blocked a number of their efforts and handled Smith well in the air. Very dominant
Bong 6 - Not great but lacked support at times. Didn't have a terrible game but maybe Pocognoli will push for a place if he plays on Saturday
Knockaert 7 - Very quiet for 65/70 minutes but came into the game when we made the subs and he had more room. Probably should have scored for the initial shot in the second goal but started the move for our penalty
Stephens 7 - Stood up well to a very good Fulham midfield. Improved as the game went on.
Norwood 7 - Similar to Stephens but maybe in games like this we need Sidwell in instead with Norwood used more in home games
Skalak 5.5 - Poor game. Didn't really get a chance to cross. Seems to be lacking confidence at the moment. Might start him in the cup to try to help his confidence
Murray 6 - Didn't really do much but wasn't offered any service
Baldock 7 - Much more lively than Murray but probably should have made more of a couple of the chances he had. However, he caused Fulham problems until taken off.

Subs:

March 7 - Didn't really do much but I think his addition meant Fulham left Knockaert with a bit more space so he deserves credit for that
Hemed 7 - Won the penalty, scored the penalty and held the ball up a couple of times near the end to reduce the pressure. Good impact from him
Murphy 6 - Didn't get in the game

Hughton 9 - Subs worked again. He seems to be getting it right pretty much every game at the moment.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6= average

Disappointing display for me. Midfield was very poor.

Stockdale - 9
Bruno - 5
Bong - 4
Duffy - 8
Dunk - 9
Knockaert - 7
Stephens - 5
Norwood - 5
Skalak - 4
Baldock - 5
Murray - 6

Hemed - 6
March - 6
Murphy - 5

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The marks given by a well known national newspaper are usually fairly balanced,but in this case it would seem a Fulham supporter had some input!;

Stockdale 7
Bruno 6
Duffy 6
Dunk 6
Bong 5
Knocky 6
Stephens 5
Norwood 6
Skalak 4
Murray 5
Baldock 4

Murphy 5
Hemed 5
March 5

Marks given to a team who have won away at Fulham,a top half side who had only lost 5 games previously!Maybe it was that bloke with the double-glazed glasses off Pointless doing the marks.:facepalm::lolol:

To be honest I think these marks reflect how I saw the game more than the marks being given on this thread.

I thought to a man, Stockdale aside, we were poor and I'm still wondering how we came away with all 3 pts to be honest. A 15 minute spell of pressure from us, Stockdale penalty save and their lack of a decent finisher was probably the difference.

I can't see how Dunk & Duffy were anywhere near 8's or 9's. I thought their communication with each other was unusually poor and I lost count of the number of times they gave the ball straight back to Fulham.

Stumpy Tim

I can't see how Dunk & Duffy were anywhere near 8's or 9's. I thought their communication with each other was unusually poor and I lost count of the number of times they gave the ball straight back to Fulham.

Can't agree with that. We lost the midfield battle horrendously and our full-backs were poor. They were so stretched and yet we still came in at half-time without conceding. Without those two and Stockdale would have been thumped

Stockdale - 9
Bruno - 5
Bong - 5
Duffy - 9
Dunk - 9
Knockaert - 6.5
Stephens - 5.5
Norwood - 5.5
Skalak - 4
Baldock - 6
Murray - 6

Hemed - 8
March - 6
Murphy - n/a

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Can't agree with that. We lost the midfield battle horrendously and our full-backs were poor. They were so stretched and yet we still came in at half-time without conceding. Without those two and Stockdale would have been thumped

Stockdale - 9
Bruno - 5
Bong - 5
Duffy - 9
Dunk - 9
Knockaert - 6.5
Stephens - 5.5
Norwood - 5.5
Skalak - 4
Baldock - 6
Murray - 6

Hemed - 8
March - 6
Murphy - n/a

They're very fair points, we did lose the midfield battle and that's why we were constantly under the kosh. I suppose it's easy to argue Dunk & Duffy threw themselves in front of everything and could do little more than just clear their lines each time, which is why it seemed to me that we just kept giving the ball back to Fulham to go again.

Perhaps I've just been spoilt too long with seeing us look so composed defensively and then playing it out from the back with relative ease. Neither of which happened yesterday.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Massively got away with it yesterday.

Stockdale - 9 kept us in the match
Bruno - 5 worst performance this season
Bong - 5 same as Bruno
Duffy - 7
Dunk - 8
Knockaert - 6.5
Stephens - 6.5
Norwood - 8 some quality cross field passing
Skalak - 5 no crosses at all.
Baldock - 6.5
Murray - 6.5

Hemed - 7.5
March - 6.5
Murphy - 6

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Stockdale 7
Bruno 6
Duffy 6
Dunk 6
Bong 5
Knocky 6
Stephens 5
Norwood 6
Skalak 4
Murray 5
Baldock 4

Murphy 5
Hemed 5
March 5

I could see how those marks were given. Especially if average is given as a 6.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Duffy had a very difficult job in marking Smith and he coped easily. The way they defended, putting bodies on the line etc; I can't see how they would be anything less than 8.

Some of the ratings for the midfield I find more puzzling, as that was the area that nearly cost us the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Duffy had a very difficult job in marking Smith and he coped easily. The way they defended, putting bodies on the line etc; I can't see how they would be anything less than 8.

Some of the ratings for the midfield I find more puzzling, as that was the area that nearly cost us the game.

I think in fairness, that is clearly Fulham's strength. They are pretty average in defence and not particularly clinical up front but they do have a good midfield who play good football. To be honest, I thought Stephens and Norwood did okay. The real worry was down the flanks, especially our left side where they got a number of crosses in and if it weren't for Stockdale, Duffy and Dunk we would have conceded more.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Interesting that Skalak (deservedly) gets low ratings for failing to stop Fredericks getting forward but little reflection that March was equally ineffective in that respect.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think in fairness, that is clearly Fulham's strength. They are pretty average in defence and not particularly clinical up front but they do have a good midfield who play good football. To be honest, I thought Stephens and Norwood did okay. The real worry was down the flanks, especially our left side where they got a number of crosses in and if it weren't for Stockdale, Duffy and Dunk we would have conceded more.

I thought they were poor and off the pace, mainly because every time they had the ball they lost it (?37%) possession. Norwood lost every 50/50, and at half-time a number of us had Sidwell on in his place.

Our left side as you say was shocking. Bong had an off-day and Skalak was off-colour too. Even Baldock was ball watching getting caught off-side 3 maybe 4 times.

Again as you say, Stocko, Dunk and Duffy were immense.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I thought they were poor and off the pace, mainly because every time they had the ball they lost it (?37%) possession. Norwood lost every 50/50, and at half-time a number of us had Sidwell on in his place.

Our left side as you say was shocking. Bong had an off-day and Skalak was off-colour too. Even Baldock was ball watching getting caught off-side 3 maybe 4 times.

Again as you say, Stocko, Dunk and Duffy were immense.

I think the wide players gave the ball away a lot more than Stephens and Norwood but as a team we did that in the first half especially. Either way, great we got the win considering how we played. If we start playing at our best soon, we're going to hammer a couple of teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here