Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Le Harve manager

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Albion job attracts foreign interest

10:00am Tuesday 24th February 2009 in Sport By Andy Naylor

Leading contender Jim Gannon faces plenty of competition in the cosmopolitan race to become Albion's new manager.

Chairman Dick Knight is still drawing up a shortlist of candidates to succeed Micky Adams.

Knight revealed: "I have already had just under 30 applications. They are not only from the English leagues but as far afield as Romania and one of the top teams over there.

"I have also received applications from a senior Hungarian manager, a Frenchman, Italian and a Swede.

"Our club is high-profile and a lot of people know a new ground is coming along, so that is another reason for them to want to be involved.

"I am working away on the list of contenders and progress is being made. I have been evaluating contenders since Sunday and making a few phone calls trying to check people's availability but I am still really bringing together a shortlist of possibles."

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Albion job attracts foreign interest

10:00am Tuesday 24th February 2009 in Sport By Andy Naylor

Leading contender Jim Gannon faces plenty of competition in the cosmopolitan race to become Albion's new manager.

Chairman Dick Knight is still drawing up a shortlist of candidates to succeed Micky Adams.

Knight revealed: "I have already had just under 30 applications. They are not only from the English leagues but as far afield as Romania and one of the top teams over there.

"I have also received applications from a senior Hungarian manager, a Frenchman, Italian and a Swede.

"Our club is high-profile and a lot of people know a new ground is coming along, so that is another reason for them to want to be involved.

"I am working away on the list of contenders and progress is being made. I have been evaluating contenders since Sunday and making a few phone calls trying to check people's availability but I am still really bringing together a shortlist of possibles."

Hence the bounce.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
mercato-frederic-hantz-a-sochaux_diaporama.jpg

If he gets it, expect this image to be used by Palace fans heavily!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here