Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For which Albion goal were you in the ultimate place to watch it sail in.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
All four goals (ours and theirs) at Newcastle in 1979. I was right behind the goal. I see myself on the screens at The Amex every week when Nobby's header goes in. :mad:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm surprised nobody from further down the East has mentioned Bridge's first ever goal for us.
I had a pretty sweet view from t'other end of the ground.

Someone must have been right behind the 'trigger'.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Calde's Screamer for me, V Bristol City, was perfectly in line to see it fly past David James, to his far post, sublime strike ★★★★★

Absolutely. We sit at the north end of WSU, H block, near the back. We were directly behind it - it was brilliant. I'll never forget that one.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
For all of us there this all starts and ends with Jimmy Case scoring that screamer in the FA Cup Semi Final at Highbury.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Steve Penney v Birmingham (?), 1984, south goal, from about 30 yards out, just before the end. Ecstasy in the West Stand seats.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I was right behind the goal at Newcastle

sammy morgan north stand against palace

garry nelson South stand against bristol city

funnily enough i was walking my lad out to be sick at the withdean,just as calders curled one in against Yeovil I think,perfect view

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Vicente at Ipswich 2 seasons ago when he ghosted past 2 or 3 defenders and then curled the ball from 25 yards into the far corner - seemed like it all happened in slow motion but it felt like he was destined to hit the back of the net from the moment he first received the ball 50 yards earlier. Sheer class. Unfortunately it was our only high point of that game.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I'm another of the Highbury lot, but seeing as its been flagged already i'm trying to recall a Lean Knight wonder goal, away to Rushden and Diamonds
:goal:

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
South stand at The Goldstone 3 rows, back centre of goal to watch Nelson's goal against Arsenal in the cup. The only time I sat in that stand!

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Tbh, most goals at the amex I can see well from the WSU but the Dave free kick vs palace and orlandi's vs Blackpool stand out. I was literally level with Dave's peach of a goal

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
right down the front of the North Stand, behind the post for this:

n.b. Edwards had his eyes closed when he went to head it

merely being at Filbert St for Munday's goal was pretty good as well

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
And here it is! On approx 8mins! Not seen this for donkeys!

Love the way the big brave copper at the end collars a lad of about 12 to stop him going on the pitch when all the bigger blokes and other people are running past him wanke*r !!!

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Exactly the same answer. Like looking down a barrel as it thundered in. By the time the celebrations finished was in a different part of the clock end.

Spooky, same thing happened to me but watched Case's strike from the moment it left his foot it seemed to be heading straight for me then thundered off the bar, best moment at a footie match ever!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Behind the goal at Semi Final to see Jimmy Case smash in his free kick and also behind the goal
when Robbie Reinelt equalised for Albion up at Hereford !
Can't say which was better really both fantastic days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here