Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anybody know why this kid is wearing an Albion shirt?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It could be that Javier Luis Garcia at 16 years old and born in Badalona (in the province of Barcelona) is in our U18 side. Barcelona and Real Madrid seem to be tracking a 15 year old born in the Canary Islands whose name is Luis Garcia Cadete. Wrong photo used ? The video in the report shows a player from AD Huracan.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Well, after a little research, this gets a bit more interesting.

This is Luis Garcia's twitter account (with a nice cover photo of the Amex).

And on June 30, he tweeted this:-

[TWEET]483615433938194432[/TWEET]

The text means "First day of training".

He is also following a few of our scholars on twitter.

And, perhaps most interesting of all, his agent tweeted this:-

[TWEET]490481702356389888[/TWEET]

The facebook link is a short video of Garcia (presumably) scoring in a match AT THE NEW TRAINING GROUND from about 40 yards out.

I'm going out on a limb and saying that this Spanish prodigy, much sought-after by the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid, is a Brighton and Hove Albion scholar!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
That is a brilliant goal. Almost Beckham like

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Google is a brilliant, brilliant thing. Not only did it help me find the info posted above, but by googling a portion of text that appeared in the official site's story of the U-18s trip to Portugal, and by using the "cached" option on the results, it brought up a version that showed the squad list (that has now been removed, for some reason, from the story).

So for anyone else interested, here are our current scholars:-

AlbionScholars.jpg

Now, the next task is to discover who this Sanchez is .....

Gertrude

May 10, 2014
Well lets sell him for millions and buy that Ulloa fella from Leicester City. Heard he is rather good. :cheers:

Gertrude

May 10, 2014
Assuming he is with us as a standard youth and barca/Madrid are both eager to sign him, being just 15, could we actually get anything for him or could he just walk away?

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
so what's the odds of there being at least two Luis Garcia's, one for the U18's and one playing in the Canary Islands?

And a reporter find the wrong one using google image?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
so what's the odds of there being at least two Luis Garcia's, one for the U18's and one playing in the Canary Islands?

I'd say it's quite likely.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

see my post #41 I think our LG was being ribbed by his agent over the other LG who is a year younger

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I'd say it's quite likely.

Really? I'd say that possibility is zero.

Have a look at his twitter feed (the one with the large picture of the Amex, and where he tweeted a picture of the new training ground on June 30 stating "First day of training"). If you look through his tweets, you will see various references to AD Huracan (his club when he was in the Canary Islands). And a re-tweet of AD Huracan's tweet from November 18 last year, stating "Luis Garcia, a player who spends a week training with Liverpool FC".

I'm willing to wager £500 (proceeds to REMF) that "our" Luis Garcia is one-and-the-same as the sought-after "future superstar" that we appear to have acquired with no fan-fare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here