Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone - a plea for him to start vs Wolves

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wolves play 3 centre backs, so that's a big ask for a striker who hasn't played this season to come in and to keep them busy.

The game is tailor made for Locadia to use his movement across the line.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Gyokeres was on the bench... for the u23s on Friday.

Interesting, do you know why? They got another comeback result.

Had been playing for his country in the week and presumably felt fatigued.

Shirt is Locadia's to lose now, well for the next couple of games anyway. Including yesterday it's as near enough the run of games that people have been advocating he needs to build up his confidence etc. But at some point soon he really needs to start contributing to the bottom line in terms of goals.

I agree entirely. Though, he should have had an assist yesterday but Bissouma missed his one on one.
And he did put the ball in the net against West Ham.

He's definitely improving and he'll definitely start next weekend. Man desperately needs a goal and a better first touch. I've not lost faith.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Wolves play 3 centre backs, so that's a big ask for a striker who hasn't played this season to come in and to keep them busy.

The game is tailor made for Locadia to use his movement across the line.

I for one have been critical of what Locadia brings to the table, however Chris has been sticking with him, and so this is a perfect game to give him a start, no one can they say he hasn't been given game time (they'll just say; we don't play the right way, wrong balls into him, wrong kind of opposition etc.).

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I would like to think if Groß is fit then he would start instead of Solly playing that role. Then the decision would be who plays out of Jose, Ali, Knocky and Solly on the wings. I wouldnt mind seeing Connelly or Gyokeres on the bench for that game.

I’ll take a guess.......solly plus one other.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Has andone been starting for Romania ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When he does start it'll be like having a new signing, in the team.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Thanks for proving my point. However I’d also point out the bit you’ve quoted is an Argus headline - not a CH quote. I fully expect him to miss the game as we must be careful BUT he isn’t definitely out, as was my point.

Well he won't be definitely out until 3pm next Saturday i guess but i think you're on pretty strong ground expecting it.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Has andone been starting for Romania ?

Nope , and i'm starting to wonder we haven't seen him in daylight yet .

tumblr_naxwky8OhM1tsxieqo1_500.gif

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I would like to think if Groß is fit then he would start instead of Solly playing that role. Then the decision would be who plays out of Jose, Ali, Knocky and Solly on the wings. I wouldnt mind seeing Connelly or Gyokeres on the bench for that game.

So your suggesting one of those listed would not make the squad at all at the expense of one of the U23’s ?

The 18 will be the same as Saturday except for Montoya and Groß in for Bruno and Murray.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

As has been pointed out neither are anywhere near good enough for a place in a league match but may be considered for the cup in January. IMHO

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
If Andone is not better than Locadia in CH's mind then god help us

I am assuming Andone being three months behind and will need to be eased into the team with a few cameo appearances this I predict Locardia to start and we may see Andone for five mins

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I agree that Locadia will start but after seeing him yesterday I now have real doubts he is the long term answer. I always defended him thinking that 10/15 minutes was no time to make an impact but yesterday he had an hour plus. Not to be negative about an away win but I didn’t see the positives in his performance other people did. If he does start against Wolves and doesn’t contribute I would like to see andone get the last 30 minutes.

Andone on for the last 30 minutes it is then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here