Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Any bets on how long they will last? I'm going for a generous hour.

My guess would be the following:
"Good morning Mr Grayling? Any chance you will agree to guarantee the second member of safety critical staff on every train that had one at the start of the dispute?"
"No, none whatsoever"
"OK, thanks and goodbye. Strikes and overtime ban will be reinstated within the hour then"

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
My guess would be the following:
"Good morning Mr Grayling? Any chance you will agree to guarantee the second member of safety critical staff on every train that had one at the start of the dispute?"
"No, none whatsoever"
"OK, thanks and goodbye. Strikes and overtime ban will be reinstated within the hour then"

If the DOO trains are so risky, why are you not refusing to drive them altogether? I know you said they had made it illegal to refuse to drive them but that raises two questions:

What charge would be held against you by the police and CPS for refusing to drive a train?

And

If you are so cncerned for passenger safety why would a ruling make a difference? The trains are either safe or not.

So if they are potentially so unsafe, why are you not refusing to drive them outright?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
If the DOO trains are so risky, why are you not refusing to drive them altogether? I know you said they had made it illegal to refuse to drive them but that raises two questions:

What charge would be held against you by the police and CPS for refusing to drive a train?

And

If you are so cncerned for passenger safety why would a ruling make a difference? The trains are either safe or not.

So if they are potentially so unsafe, why are you not refusing to drive them outright?

I've already answered in posts #6722 and clarified in post #6729 and here's the link about the judge's ruling: https://www.railnews.co.uk/news/2016/04/25-high-court-intervenes-in-gatwick.html So basically, I refuse to drive and face dismissal. But anyway, as you know, there is much more to this dispute than who closes the doors (frankly I couldn't give a monkey's who shuts them as long as it's done safely) and all those issues have been discussed over and over in this thread - I'm not going to list them all over again.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I've already answered in posts #6722 and clarified in post #6729 and here's the link about the judge's ruling: https://www.railnews.co.uk/news/2016/04/25-high-court-intervenes-in-gatwick.html So basically, I refuse to drive and face dismissal. But anyway, as you know, there is much more to this dispute than who closes the doors (frankly I couldn't give a monkey's who shuts them as long as it's done safely) and all those issues have been discussed over and over in this thread - I'm not going to list them all over again.

So you can be dismissed. Your principles cannot be that strong if you'd rather drive what you deem to be an unsafe train than look for another job. Of course you would, drivers are on a gravy train and think they can get more. Your mob should have taken the pay rise while it was on the table. Getting greedy has cost you all dearly. And the passengers who have also clocked what you're all up to.
I cannot stand Southern but the greedy unions have made a mockery of unions across the UK.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
So you can be dismissed. Your principles cannot be that strong if you'd rather drive what you deem to be an unsafe train than look for another job. Of course you would, drivers are on a gravy train and think they can get more. Your mob should have taken the pay rise while it was on the table. Getting greedy has cost you all dearly. And the passengers who have also clocked what you're all up to.
I cannot stand Southern but the greedy unions have made a mockery of unions across the UK.

Well you clearly don't believe me when I've told you explicitly it's not about money. The financial side of that pay deal was excellent and I doubt any driver would have turned that down given the opportunity to vote for it but not with those conditions. And almost certainly we will get a lesser pay deal at some point - but if it means the public are given a more accessible, safer railway then that's fine with me.

Yoda

English & European

You really are starting to get boring on this thread. Change the ****ing tune and do the ****ing research yourself.

Put yourself in their shoes for once in your miserable little life. You have a job you love doing and get satisfaction from doing. Terms are change and make things less safer for those people you are serving but (at the moment) it's illegal not to giving you two options. 1), Carry on under these terms but fight them or 2) refuse, get sacked and risk future employment due to your actions as you will be dismissed for Gross Misconduct.

It's not very often I resort to posting like this, but I really am getting sick and tired of your stuck record.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

:guns:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Who is this bloke?,do you actually believe in what you're writing?
Good lord you are a real nause.I cannot believe for one moment that you weren't slapped at school.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Good lord you are a real nause.I cannot believe for one moment that you weren't slapped at school.

Judging from your avatar I can tell you are not a man to be taken seriously on a thread such as this.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You really are starting to get boring on this thread. Change the ****ing tune and do the ****ing research yourself.

Put yourself in their shoes for once in your miserable little life. You have a job you love doing and get satisfaction from doing. Terms are change and make things less safer for those people you are serving but (at the moment) it's illegal not to giving you two options. 1), Carry on under these terms but fight them or 2) refuse, get sacked and risk future employment due to your actions as you will be dismissed for Gross Misconduct.

It's not very often I resort to posting like this, but I really am getting sick and tired of your stuck record.

Calm down dear. I asked the same question without receiving a plausible answer. I have now received an answer, albeit not the one DD wanted to give. I am satisfied.

May I recommend the ignore function for posters that get you so upset.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Please don't take the bait.

:fishing:

Yoda

English & European
Calm down dear. I asked the same question without receiving a plausible answer. I have now received an answer, albeit not the one DD wanted to give. I am satisfied.

May I recommend the ignore function for posters that get you so upset.

Sorry about that but it had starting to get very repetitive like a stuck record even though you were being given the answer. Like the kid in a back seat going, "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?".

I will admit, there have been a few going on the ignore list from the more political/terrorist threads and you were close to joining them I didn't want to was you do make some very valid contributions to some very decent threads.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Sorry about that but it had starting to get very repetitive like a stuck record even though you were being given the answer. Like the kid in a back seat going, "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?" "Are we there yet?".

I will admit, there have been a few going on the ignore list from the more political/terrorist threads and you were close to joining them I didn't want to was you do make some very valid contributions to some very decent threads.

Well that's genuinely gracious of you, thank you. To be fair I was deliberately asking the question repeatedly to make my point. Apologies if you found it irritating. In my mind I was Paxman, to everyone else I was the kid in the car.
Oh well, they can't all be zingers!

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Well that's genuinely gracious of you, thank you. To be fair I was deliberately asking the question repeatedly to make my point. Apologies if you found it irritating. In my mind I was Paxman, to everyone else I was the kid in the car.
Oh well, they can't all be zingers!

Paxman is a prize ****,you need to find another role model cocker.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here