Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are our top targets now loan players?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Only two loanees allowed - but is that senior players only? Do young players not count towards this total, and if so, what age (or under) do they have to be?
2 players, but loans from overseas clubs don't count towards this.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I still think the total spending will hit £30m mark, between 6 and 7 Players. Most players are on holiday now and I expect a few deals will happen closer to transfer deadline day

I think the Albion (and other clubs) look at the combined cost of wages for the season and player additions. By getting Stephens to sign a new deal the club have saved themselves £10m plus in the transfer market, which could be spent on better deals for loan player fees and their wages etc.

£30m in the PL for new players is VERY low, the average for 2015/16 was £66.8 million, and that was before the new TV deal came into play, which gives each club an extra £35m a year of income.
PL 2016 Signings and Wages.JPG

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I'm confident the club is working hard and we can't second guess who the real targets will be.

Obviously success in the transfer market is not guaranteed and depends on a bit of luck hard work and timing. I just hope we don't keep losing our main targets to othermore established premier league clubs. The main priority is a 20 goal striker. This is critical to survival and we have struggled to land strikers in recent years. I won't be judging progress until preseason starts (when is that?). Hopefully most of our work can be done by then so we don't make a slow start in the league. Given a relatively easy early run of fixtures, a good start will be very important.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Absolutely. 99% of his goals last season looked like tap-ins. Not sure he's going to get so many crosses that aren't cut out or mis-controlled by better defenders. Obviously got an eye for space, but it's a different world now.

They dont count from inside 6 yards then clearly...it was his first season of proper football at 19 years of age ? and he came up with 26 goals for a pretty poor side.

I think its fair to assume hes only going to improve.

And those saying we will spend 10 million on a striker.... yes i hope so too and maybe we will, but just how much do you think Abraham would go for if made available.... way in excess of 10 million would be my guess

could we find something better for the same money with more experience.... possibly...

A loan for a year is risk free effectively, we need to use our 2 loan options for sure and use them well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here