Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull Fans Up North

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Nice to see one of you possibly moving to Lancaster, and one of you already a bit further north. I'm already here - over the bay from Morecambe. Lancaster's a nice place. Nothing like Brighton, obviously - but because of the student population in and around the city it's much more vibrant than anywhere else around here. Some nice pubs, good cycle routes, and within easy reach of the Dales, Lakes and Bowland.

And within easy reach of Burnley, Bolton, Blackburn, Preston, Wigan, Blackpool, Accrington, the Manchesters and so on - with Leeds, Liverpool, Tranmere not too far away. And indeed, London is only 3 hours away on the train now (if you have deep pockets).

Give it a go.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
We are staying in Newcastle the night before the last game of the season at Boro - as we did last season :moo:

akipling

Jan 12, 2010
Morecambe
I saw the view looked really good, but I just couldn't get my head around the place, it seemed like it was stuck in a time warp. Lancaster seemed really nice, will it seem very different from a born and bred sussex chap??

Oi stop discrediting my hometown!

I live in Morecambe but work in Lancaster and I like it as a place to live. Where's the job you've been offered at? If I can offer any advice just let me know.

On the playing front I (with son in tow) try to get to about 6-10 aways a season and top up my football fix with Home games at the Globe, although it won't be called that for much longer.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'll be moving to Wylam, which is a village about 20 minutes by train from Newcastle, in the early part of next year hopefully.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'll be moving to Wylam, which is a village about 20 minutes by train from Newcastle, in the early part of next year hopefully.

So it would appear your life must be now back on track ?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
It feels like the North to me and another STH but i'm in Peterborough and I've seen no other Albion fans outside my home!

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
I work in Newcastle and live just down the road in Hartlepool. Nice to know other Albion fans in the area.

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
Nice advice........Where abouts are you? On the times I have been I have noticed Lancaster is a real pain to get into in the morning, could cope with a 20 min commute. Would love a village location any tips?? Cheers

There is a lot of disruption getting on or off the M6 due to the upgrade and rebuild extension through to Heysham.Once completed most of the heavy goods vehicles will use the new motorway and Lancaster should be more easily accessable.
I live near Kirby Lonsdale and there are routes into Lancaster that are much less crowded.A friend and myself, (both Seagulls fans ) go to matches up in this part of the world,say Huddersfield,Leeds and Burnley so far.Good area to live.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Four of us (plus two other halves who have become converts) in Cheadle, Crewe, Knutsford area regularly travel together.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I can confirm Lancaster is a lovely place with some cracking nightlife even though [MENTION=687]Carrot Cruncher[/MENTION] once tried to set it on fire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here