Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton and Injuries tracker 2018/19

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Unusually Hughton’s press conference is not until tomorrow (Friday) morning this week so no word on Murray, Gross and Bruno until then.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
And this isn’t always a clue as to fitness for Saturday but Bruno has been training yet (I think) no sign of Gross in the Albion training gallery.

Via: https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/october/gallery-training-session/

fc99e66ed9d55537e4ce66fecacaca52.jpg

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Aaron Connolly training with the first team today (source; his Instagram story)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Barber confirms the 6 day FA guidelines for concussion re: Glenn today in Argus piece where they are now saying "They have not totally ruled out the top scorer being passed fit for the visit of Wolves on Saturday." despite yesterday saying "Top scorer Glenn Murray... will miss the visit of Wolves to the Amex on Saturday." Oh well. See what Barber is referring to here.

View attachment 101538

Confirms
- he'd swallowed his tongue
- Didn't matter that St Johns ambulance were slow to get on the pitch (guidelines prevent them running) and GM being attended to by our staff anyway.
- Wolves "might be a bit soon" were Barber's exact words.
- Said he was "absolutely sharp" when he spoke to him on Sunday morning.

Barber / Argus piece via :
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17...enn-murrays-return-in-hands-of-medical-staff/

Imagine if an nsc poster had pointed this out days before :lol:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Hughton confirms Propper and Gross out for tomorrow. Did Gross have a setback as he seemed to be training during the international break?

A decision will be made on Murray today.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’m amazed and disappointed we’re even considering Murray. I know we’ve followed correct protocol but I really can’t see the point in rushing him back after that injury.

No game is more important than a person’s health and from what I’ve read and listened to from experts on the matter, a week is too soon. It’s not the original injury as such that is the concern, it’s if he picks up another injury while still recovering which he will be tomorrow. He could easily pick up another knock on the head and that could be really serious.

It seems like madness from an individual’s health point of view but also when we have 2 fully fit strikers on the bench. I really hope Murray isn’t in the squad.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Update pre wolves :

Gross [ankle] - Hughton said he was out for Wolves in press conference. No detail. had returned to training last week. But something happened pre Newcastle and clearly new setback. . Not training currently (source: photo galleries)

Murray [concussion] - “followed correct protocol...will make decision later [Friday]

Propper [ankle] - no update. Out for Wolves. Last estimate by Hughton - out for a “period of weeks”

All other players including Bruno [back] who came off clutching back v Newcastle pronounced fit.

Quotes via #bhafc tag on Twitter or this @officialbhafc thread
https://twitter.com/officialbhafc/status/1055724462249783296

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No game is more important than a person’s health and from what I’ve read and listened to from experts on the matter, a week is too soon.

?? The FA protocol is devised and then tested by Albion’s world class medical team on the matter.

That said his chances of starting must still be slim.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Update pre wolves :

Gross [ankle] - Hughton said he was out for Wolves in press conference. No detail. had returned to training last week. But something happened pre Newcastle and clearly new setback. . Not training currently (source: photo galleries)

Murray [concussion] - “followed correct protocol...will make decision later [Friday]

All other players including Bruno [back] who came off clutching back v Newcastle pronounced fit.

Quotes via #bhafc tag on Twitter or this @officialbhafc thread
https://twitter.com/officialbhafc/status/1055724462249783296

Propper ok then?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Gross out for a few months then judging by the silence.

No way of knowing . Hughton said he’d had a setback earlier in the week “he’s not far away but we have to be careful”. No update today doesn’t really mean anything. He’s not deliberately hiding. Stephens , Dunk have all come back recently quicker than estimated by Hughton. But to be fair it’s already been a while for PG.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
And Hughton said it would only 'be a few weeks' after the Fulham game - some EIGHT weeks ago.

Guess we might see Pascal around Christmas time...

And for Murray, Duffy, Dunk , Stephen , Bruno (twice), Ben White, (and after initial assessments) Andone, Izquierdo and others this season Hughton has pretty much estimated they’d be back on/before their forecast.

As for Gross then clearly he’s had complications with the injury - it happens - idea that Hughton knew it would be several months at one point but told press etc it would be weeks or said nothing which is I think is the time honoured joke here is not what he does.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As for Gross then clearly he’s had complications with the injury - it happens - idea that Hughton knew it would be several months at one point but told press etc it would be weeks or said nothing which is I think is the time honoured joke here is not what he does.

For that to be true Chris would have had to force Gross to train and be photographed training whilst injured to give the impression that he was close to a return. He's not an evil genius - just a genius.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here