Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Russia and Saudi Arabia

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Imagine we are all horiffied at what happened to the Skripals and Khashoggi.........However ... . How would you feel if Anjem Choudary suffered similar fate ? I certainly find myself in two minds.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Imagine we are all horiffied at what happened to the Skripals and Khashoggi.........However ... . How would you feel if Anjem Choudary suffered similar fate ? I certainly find myself in two minds.

You mean if we attempted or succeeded to sumarily execute him?

Then maybe like we are no better than Russia and Saudi Arabia, and no better than he was?

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
You mean if we attempted or succeeded to sumarily execute him?

Then maybe like we are no better than Russia and Saudi Arabia, and no better than he was?

I don`t mean "We" by which I assume you mean British Government........There are many people that detest the man and I`m not sure if I would feel the same as I do about Khashoggi or the Skripals.

Would you ?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I don`t mean "We" which I assume you mean British Government........There are many people that detest the man and I`m not sure if I would feel the same as I do about Khashoggi or the Skripals.

Would you ?

No of course not, I detest the man, although I detest murder too. You might feel like someone deserves it, and maybe they do, but is that for you or I (or pick any random person) to judge? Better to have a judicial system than a free-for-all bloodbath IMO.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Imagine we are all horiffied at what happened to the Skripals and Khashoggi.........However ... . How would you feel if Anjem Choudary suffered similar fate ?
A similar fate would be if he left the country and took asylum elsewhere, and then the UK sent a team of assassins to kill him on foreign soil. If that happened I'd be shocked and extremely disappointed in our government.

I presume what you mean though is that he's just murdered by vigilantes. That's not the same. What's disgusted us about the first cases you mentioned is that the governments have ordered it on foreign soil.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
A similar fate would be if he left the country and took asylum elsewhere, and then the UK sent a team of assassins to kill him on foreign soil. If that happened I'd be shocked and extremely disappointed in our government.

I presume what you mean though is that he's just murdered by vigilantes. That's not the same. What's disgusted us about the first cases you mentioned is that the governments have ordered it on foreign soil.

Would guess that our government would be quite happy if he left the UK .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

We do the same don’t we?

Wiki:

“Sir Richard Billing Dearlove, former head of the UK Secret Intelligence Service MI6, testified in court in 2007–2008's Diana, Princess of Wales inquest that it does grant a licence to kill, subject to a "Class Seven authorisation" from the Foreign Secretary, but that there were no assassinations conducted under Dearlove's authority.[1] Former MI6 agent Matthew Dunn stated that MI6 agents do not need a licence to kill as a spy's primary job is to violate the law in other countries, and if an agent is compromised, he or she is at the mercy of the authorities of that country.[2]”

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
We do the same don’t we?

Wiki:

“Sir Richard Billing Dearlove, former head of the UK Secret Intelligence Service MI6, testified in court in 2007–2008's Diana, Princess of Wales inquest that it does grant a licence to kill, subject to a "Class Seven authorisation" from the Foreign Secretary, but that there were no assassinations conducted under Dearlove's authority.[1] Former MI6 agent Matthew Dunn stated that MI6 agents do not need a licence to kill as a spy's primary job is to violate the law in other countries, and if an agent is compromised, he or she is at the mercy of the authorities of that country.[2]”

your quote says we have a protocol to give an order for this, does not say that it is used.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
your quote says we have a protocol to give an order for this, does not say that it is used.

I expect that it is used (or that it has been) but that also we are pretty competent at it, and when done with competence nobody knows it happened.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
We do the same don’t we?

Wiki:

I would hope that if it is ever used it is because the target is a direct threat to the safety and security of British Citizens and not a journalist who writes things we don't like.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

We definitely went after some british citizens in Syria, those guys that did the beheading videos. But yeah, that's certainty not the same as going after someone who is just using speech and journalism to slag our government off

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We definitely went after some british citizens in Syria, those guys that did the beheading videos. But yeah, that's certainty not the same as going after someone who is just using speech and journalism to slag our government off

Quite. The day we start executing dissidents is the day I give up and go.

(Awaits Looney or someone like that explaining that we do it all the time)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I expect that it is used (or that it has been) but that also we are pretty competent at it, and when done with competence nobody knows it happened.
Indeed. The " Disappearance " has been handled dreadfully by the Saudi's, spouting absolute bollocks that nothing happened until " ok then, he died in a fight.... Oh and we thought we had best dismember him ".

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Indeed. The " Disappearance " has been handled dreadfully by the Saudi's, spouting absolute bollocks that nothing happened until " ok then, he died in a fight.... Oh and we thought we had best dismember him ".

Odious bunch of psychopaths.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here