Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Stand Access

RustyKent

Jun 2, 2014
Herne Bay
I booked tickets for the Man Utd game using my mobile and have just found out that I have booked seats in the West stand upper instead of the East Upper! Not such a problem, but, one of the tickets is for someone with poor mobility. He uses the lifts in the East to get to the upper part.

Are there lifts available in the West that he could use?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I booked tickets for the Man Utd game using my mobile and have just found out that I have booked seats in the West stand upper instead of the East Upper! Not such a problem, but, one of the tickets is for someone with poor mobility. He uses the lifts in the East to get to the upper part.

Is it Glenn Murray ? :)

patbha

Sep 16, 2004
worthing

Not so sure they will allow the Lift to be used. Be prepared for a long climb

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not so sure they will allow the Lift to be used. Be prepared for a long climb

An old (age pensioner) friend of mine, asthmatic, in his 70s started the Amex era in the West Upper, and despite his ailments they wouldn't allow him lift access, he moved to the East. So to the OP, don't hold your breath, no pun intended.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Not 100% sure, but they wouldn’t allow me to use the lift when I needed to.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I've been told that the club works on the basis that if you can't use the steps up to the West Upper, then you wont be able to use them down again in a timely manner in the case of an emergency.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They don't allow fans to use the lifts, I think they're primarily used for shifting catering stuff around. Sounds a bit mingy, but I suppose once they let one person use the lift to the WSU, they're going to get loads of requests from fans to "make an exception". Even the wheezing tubsters might start getting ideas.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

Get on the phone to the ticket office and explain the situation ASAP

el punal

An old (age pensioner) friend of mine, asthmatic, in his 70s started the Amex era in the West Upper, and despite his ailments they wouldn't allow him lift access, he moved to the East. So to the OP, don't hold your breath, no pun intended.

To be fair to the club, when season tickets were up for grabs prior to the Amex opening, they did advise fans about the WSU and not to apply if you had an ailment or difficulty in climbing the stairs.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They don't allow fans to use the lifts, I think they're primarily used for shifting catering stuff around. Sounds a bit mingy, but I suppose once they let one person use the lift to the WSU, they're going to get loads of requests from fans to "make an exception". Even the wheezing tubsters might start getting ideas.

Stockdale isn't here any more

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Fans aren't allowed to use the lift to WSU usually.

But you can if your name's Paul Walsh or Chris Kamara.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

HEY
Who you calling a .......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Amazes me why people ask these sort of questions on this forum......Ring up the Club and ask !!!

They ask NSC because normally people can advise on what the club will do and why because its happened to them before as this thread proves.
Also ringing up the ticket office is a premium number and costs ££ so its advisable to be absolutely sure before ringing them what you're asking for etc.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I've been told that the club works on the basis that if you can't use the steps up to the West Upper, then you wont be able to use them down again in a timely manner in the case of an emergency.

Quite. When one of the Powerchair team managed to blag his way up to the WSU after a game (don't know who allowed him up there), he was immediately told by security to leave.

The issue is, in the case of a fire and immediate evacuation, the lifts are switched off. We could have carried him downstairs, but that would have been undignified, dangerous and possibly caused more problems to the fella. And the wheelchair would have to be carted down later.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here