Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Preston Park Rockery Looking Drop Dead Gorgeous

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Photo taken this morning. Just looks STUNNING.

Utmost respect to [MENTION=2019]jevs[/MENTION] and his team :bowdown:

BN1Ab.jpg

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Thank you sir, it is looking particularly nice at the moment but we still have a large proportion of the herbaceous perennials to come out yet. Had a fact finding trip to the wonderful RHS Wisley yesterday....lots of ideas and new plants to think about.

Thanks again for your comments, i will pass them on to the volunteers and community payback guys

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I was there last week, and must admit it does look superb. If you walk to work past the Rockery on the pavement, walk through it instead. It will only add half a minute to your journey time. Upliftment!

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I make sure to go there every single time I come home to visit, rain or shine. It's an absolute gem.

Thank you...it is appreciated.

@clippegull I try to get as much colour into the garden as possible throughout the year. Starting with the early snowdrops and crocus, we then go into the main crop of bulbs....daffs, tulips etc. Then, when they've finished, it's like it is now...geraniums, rock roses, penstemons, shasta daisies, lychnis, campanula etc etc and then, just as they are all going over, the main batch of herbaceous hits you......Rudbeckia, helenium, phlox, kniphofia, echinacea, salvia, sedum, persicaria, perovskia etc etc etc which go through to the first frosts.
After that, it's autumn colours and then winter form and scent.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Thank you...it is appreciated.

@clippegull I try to get as much colour into the garden as possible throughout the year. Starting with the early snowdrops and crocus, we then go into the main crop of bulbs....daffs, tulips etc. Then, when they've finished, it's like it is now...geraniums, rock roses, penstemons, shasta daisies, lychnis, campanula etc etc and then, just as they are all going over, the main batch of herbaceous hits you......Rudbeckia, helenium, phlox, kniphofia, echinacea, salvia, sedum, persicaria, perovskia etc etc etc which go through to the first frosts.
After that, it's autumn colours and then winter form and scent.

Cheers Jevs. I must get myself down there sometime. :)

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Thank you sir, it is looking particularly nice at the moment but we still have a large proportion of the herbaceous perennials to come out yet. Had a fact finding trip to the wonderful RHS Wisley yesterday....lots of ideas and new plants to think about.

Thanks again for your comments, i will pass them on to the volunteers and community payback guys

the community payback have been doing a great job in the park, but it's appalling the amount of litter the general public leave behind them

Supadupahands

Mar 10, 2016
Ah the happy memories as a teenage lad climbing up into the rockery with some girls, drinking cider and having a snog.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here