Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Happy St Georges Day

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Happy birthday / RIP William Shakespeare. Propper Englishman.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Bore off you self hating pr1ck , that also goes for [MENTION=35904]A1X[/MENTION].

6b85347c9d6c473ec32899fe8fc3704b.jpg

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The argument about why we dont celebrate it has been done to death , not interested in restarting it , lets just celebrate our national day today .

Indeed. Very good of you to be above needless debate and name calling on such an important national da.....

Bore off you self hating pr1ck , that also goes for @A1X.

Ah.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Indeed. Very good of you to be above needless debate and name calling on such an important national da.....

Ah.

Oh come on, that's not completely fair, he waited for a whole 6 posts.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Happy St George's Day, for those it means something to.

For me, it doesn't mean much. Celebrating patron saints days has always appeared to be something the noddy nations like to do to show how wonderfully different they are from the English. I'm comfortable enough being English without walking into a pub wearing a stupid fluffy oversized top hat with an English flag on it, and then ordering a shit pint of Kent bitter just because it has a jingoistic name.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Indeed. Happy St George's Day to all English, Maltese, Palestinian, Portuguese, Georgian, Montenegran, Romanian, Catalonian and Aragonese folk.

And to the natives and residents of Freiburg, Germany; Newfoundland, Canada; Locrdonto, Genoa and Milan in Italy; Beirut, Lebanon; supporters of Corinthians Football Club in Sao Paulo, Brazil, the Hellenic Army. And a fair few others.

Apologies to those whom I've missed out.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Happy St George's Day, for those it means something to.

For me, it doesn't mean much. Celebrating patron saints days has always appeared to be something the noddy nations like to do to show how wonderfully different they are from the English. I'm comfortable enough being English without walking into a pub wearing a stupid fluffy oversized top hat with an English flag on it, and then ordering a shit pint of Kent bitter just because it has a jingoistic name.

Yeah agreed, but in fairness all the cr4p around St.Patrick's day is a mixture of American OTT hubris which has spread over here (same as Halloween and Christmas) and Guinness marketing. Until quite recently pubs didn't even open in Ireland on 17th March.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Yes, it was a predictable post, but no more so than you seemingly wanting to force your narrative down people's throats by getting proper arsey within six posts and ten minutes with people showing their disdain for it.

I know you don't like self-hating types, but do you think this aggressive, forced position you take on nationalism is any more palatable? I'm guessing it's every bit as sickening to the majority of us who are somewhere in the middle.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes, it was a predictable post, but no more so than you seemingly wanting to force your narrative down people's throats by getting proper arsey within six posts and ten minutes with people showing their disdain for it.

I know you don't like self-hating types, but do you think this aggressive, forced position you take on nationalism is any more palatable? I'm guessing it's every bit as sickening to the majority of us who are somewhere in the middle.

He is simultaneously, on two different threads, name calling and venting about people who hold different views to him. What a way to celebrate St Georges day!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Bore off you self hating pr1ck , that also goes for [MENTION=35904]A1X[/MENTION].

George was born in Lod (Lydda) in Israel. He was a Roman citizen of Greek parents. He died, in 303AD, by order of the Emporer Dicocletian because he refused to recant his Christian faith. He was an officer in the Emperor's Guard.

St George is also the patron saint of Portugal, Venice, Beirut, Malta, Ethiopia, Georgia, Palestine, Serbia and Lithuania.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
George was born in Lod (Lydda) in Israel. He was a Roman citizen of Greek parents. He died, in 303AD, by order of the Emporer Dicocletian because he refused to recant his Christian faith. He was an officer in the Emperor's Guard.

St George is also the patron saint of Portugal, Venice, Beirut, Malta, Ethiopia, Georgia, Palestine, Serbia and Lithuania.
FFS, he knows this. In fact everybody knows this.

It's almost like you weren't on this board for the last 15 St Georges Days when the same tiresome bollocks was posted.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Not entirely sure why we are celebrating St George's Day. The Home Office burnt his landing card in 334. Slaying a dragon is not proof of residency...

He was clearly here for the BENEFITS. You cannot claim allowances on the basis that you had a triumphant altercation with an over sized dragon fly. Especially if you have dual citizenship elsewhere. The man is a fraud.

Yes [MENTION=31796]alfredmizen[/MENTION] I have no objection to celebrating my Englishness. In celebration I shall be making a good old brew and moaning that it's too HOT.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not entirely sure why we are celebrating St George's Day. The Home Office burnt his landing card in 334. Slaying a dragon is not proof of residency...

He was clearly here for the BENEFITS. You cannot claim allowances on the basis that you had a triumphant altercation with an over sized dragon fly. Especially if you have dual citizenship elsewhere. The man is a fraud.

Yes [MENTION=31796]alfredmizen[/MENTION] I have no objection to celebrating my Englishness. In celebration I shall be making a good old brew and moaning that it's too HOT.
Oh my aching sides. What is it about St George's Day that brings out so many terminally unfunny comments from people so eager to signal their virtue?

Cecil Rhodes had it spot on "To be born English is to win first prize in the lottery of life."

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
FFS, he knows this. In fact everybody knows this.

It's almost like you weren't on this board for the last 15 St Georges Days when the same tiresome bollocks was posted.
:lolol:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Why do they bother commenting then ? I made my position clear that i wasnt interested in the usual arguments ...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here