Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Atmosphere tonight

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Minor disagreements about atmospheres aside, everyone's happy that we got a point, right? :bhasign:

#justchecking

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Oh OK I'll find that Spurs fan I was talking to in the station queue and tell him he must be wrong in saying that "at times in the second half you lot took the f***ing roof off"

I had a similar conversation on the train. Couple of spurs fans very impressed with the noise. I am so perplexed that anyone at the game could possibly think the atmosphere was poor. The only times it did go quiet was more because of how tense
/tight it became at times, not because it went flat or dead.

Like others have mentioned, i love that our atmosphere is organic and not orchestrated fake ultra stuff. Im not saying it couldn't be better, but i think the amex is pretty decent as far as things go

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I had a similar conversation on the train. Couple of spurs fans very impressed with the noise. I am so perplexed that anyone at the game could possibly think the atmosphere was poor. The only times it did go quiet was more because of how tense
/tight it became at times, not because it went flat or dead.

Like others have mentioned, i love that our atmosphere is organic and not orchestrated fake ultra stuff. Im not saying it couldn't be better, but i think the amex us pretty decent as far as things go

You have made just the one tiny mistake. You are attempting to have a rational debate with folk who think that if they suck in their cheeks forcefully enough while taking a bath they can suck a rubber duck up their urethra, into their left kidney, where it will nest and lay a batch of rubber eggs.

theboybilly

Selhurst Park on Saturday was silent all of the second half until the final minutes started clicking down. The atmosphere is generated around one 'piped music' song (with a drum thrown in for good measure) that most of their support gets behind - briefly. Other than that there isn't much at all. Leeds United do similar just before kick off. In recent years nothing has beaten Boro in the final game of 15/16 for atmosphere at an away game for me.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Weird how people can experience the same thing completely differently, isn't it? I thought the atmosphere was excellent today. I wasn't at Selhurst on Saturday, but I've often had to go there and I've never seen what all the fuss is supposed to be about. But then I'm always in the press box at the back of the old stand, so maybe the noise allegedly made by the Ultras simply doesn't carry that far. .

Marmaduke

SE London Seagull
Apr 28, 2010
SE London
I thought the atmosphere was tremendous. Obviously we were a bit nervous towards the end... but blimey, we battled for that point and most fans stayed to the end.
Bring back the clappers ��

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Selhurst Park on Saturday was silent all of the second half until the final minutes started clicking down. The atmosphere is generated around one 'piped music' song (with a drum thrown in for good measure) that most of their support gets behind - briefly. Other than that there isn't much at all. Leeds United do similar just before kick off. In recent years nothing has beaten Boro in the final game of 15/16 for atmosphere at an away game for me.

Yep, got to hand it to that bunch of mardy tossers, they did make a racket that day... other than the 2mins silence between Dale equalising and walking that is. Piped up again after that.

Not quite as full in that section as it was I've since heard :whistle:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As I’ve said it’s an opinion, we were superb a Manchester for both games, we’ve been great at home but I personally don’t think it’s unified, that we create it for long enough or build it, just an opinion.
I don't really disagree.

But you're saying that Palace always show us how to do it, which is just nonsense.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sounded flat as ever. Think we need to come to terms with the fact that our atmosphere isn’t quite the same as other clubs and stop Pretending it’s any different. Some games it’s electric (shef wed 2nd leg) but in general it’s woeful compared to palace for example.

Truth hurts I know but it’s something we have to accept or almost unanimously look to change

Seriously? Got to be a fishing trip. Been to more than half the away games this season and only West Brom comes close........Stoke did for about 2 minutes after they scored but were otherwise crap. The rest were below what we normally conjure up. Woeful ? Give me a break. Go to the Emirates or Old Trafford if you want woeful.

Your last sentence doesn’t even make any sense. How do we ‘almost unanimously look to change’ ??

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It was pretty good tonight. We seem to turn it up a notch against the bigger sides.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Quote from the TV when we were pressing towards the end: "If Brighton get a winner here you'll hear the roar on the other side of the Channel." Also they specifically mentioned the atmosphere when interviewing Hughton at the end.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Walking away from the ground after the match had ended I listened to 3 Spurs fans talking about the atmosphere and our stadium in general.
They were saying how loud we were and loved the acoustics, they then got on to the subject of their new stadium and were debating whether the acoustics there would be as good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here