Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] One for the old timers on NSC, The Mamas and the Papas

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have always liked the Mamas and Papas, who were a great band “of their time”, and imo still sound fresh today, but I had no idea what one of my favourite songs of theirs was about before I saw this video. Thought I’d share it with any of the old codgers on here who may not know the story of the song. Well I found it intersting anyway :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2Os48h6e24

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
At 42 I’m not really ‘old’ but I will have a watch of that as I love the M&P. Thanks for posting!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
At a recent pub quiz the Christian names of band members were given and had to name the band. Got this one wrong.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I have always liked the Mamas and Papas, who were a great band “of their time”, and imo still sound fresh today, but I had no idea what one of my favourite songs of theirs was about before I saw this video. Thought I’d share it with any of the old codgers on here who may not know the story of the song. Well I found it intersting anyway :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2Os48h6e24

Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
There's even a flimsy Albion connection in Creeque Alley, what with "American Express" being mentioned...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Certainly California dreaming this weekend

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
A solo(ish) version of Monday Monday:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Mamas & Papas are my favourite American group. Many of their songs have great significance in my life, so I knew what Creeque Alley, was about.
Thank you for posting this, as I loved watching it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There's even a flimsy Albion connection in Creeque Alley, what with "American Express" being mentioned...

I believe that is a reference to when they lived in the Virgin Islands for a few months after they formed and had no money so lived on Michelle’s Amex card!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here