Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Groves vs Eubank

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Eubanks doesn't look much different to the Eubanks who lost to BJS. Loads of wild swings and slaps. His footwork is very amateurish and still is very easy to hit. Got my fight prediction was pretty bang on. Eubanks is a massive hype job.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Think Eubank got a lesson tonight. Better fighter won.

Not for me, Groves did nothing after the cut, parked the bus and went on auto pilot. The fact that Eubank was cut and didn’t quite have the power or craft to break Groves down, shouldn’t give groves the win on merit (which so often happens). Eubank, despite the cut was the constant aggressor in the fight and was never under any pressure from groves. The pressure he was under was to finish it before the cut finished him. Groves wins by default, this is yet another example of the decline of this once great sport. The sport needs a reform in terms of scoring, as football did for 3 points for a win or the back pass rule.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Eubanks doesn't look much different to the Eubanks who lost to BJS. Loads of wild swings and slaps. His footwork is very amateurish and still is very easy to hit. Got my fight prediction was pretty bang on. Eubanks is a massive hype job.

Virtually everyone in the boxing world said a Groves win, bar a few obviously biased Sussex folk. Many said a stoppage, which was wrong.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not for me, Groves did nothing after the cut, parked the bus and went on auto pilot. The fact that Eubank was cut and didn’t quite have the power or craft to break Groves down, shouldn’t give groves the win on merit (which so often happens). Eubank, despite the cut was the constant aggressor in the fight and was never under any pressure from groves. The pressure he was under was to finish it before the cut finished him. Groves wins by default, this is yet another example of the decline of this once great sport. The sport needs a reform in terms of scoring, as football did for 3 points for a win or the back pass rule.

Did you get a chance to watch Froch's recent career? Eubank's aggression and warrior spirit, but a couple of levels up on quality. He was great to watch and sent boxers such as Groves to the canvas with regularity.

For someone with all the advantages tonight (natural weight, boxing skills, the cut), Groves held on for dear life, ruinig the spectacle.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Oh dear you have demonstrated you have no idea about boxing. Groves took Eubank to absolute school tonight and fought exactly the fight he needed to win with complete ease. Masterclass from George.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Oh dear you have demonstrated you have no idea about boxing. Groves took Eubank to absolute school tonight and fought exactly the fight he needed to win with complete ease. Masterclass from George.

I wouldn't call that a masterclass from Groves. He was just up against someone who was way out of his league.

IMO Groves boxed better against Froch in the 1st fight than he did tonight.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Groves won because he landed more with much less waste.
Yes he was on the back foot for 60-70% of the fight, but that's tactics. Think 'less possession and counter attack' in football.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes

Fair comment. I was disappointed wth Eubanks performance though, he looked limited and we didn't see much of a game plan. Groves fought a clever, but boring negative and ugly fight. It wasn't a great advert for British boxing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here