Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I bet you would like me to leave you alone more like, this is what you said so which is the misquoting bit ?

Not sure why you are bringing in birthplace, perhaps because you see someone who is born abroad as part of the problem?

Or was it this snippet two days after the referendum, comedy gold.

But we will have another general election soon and we will elect a pro europe government and will stay in. Heard it here first

Deluded

You're getting a bit creepy with the research mate.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Those prices have come back, the guys have realised what the proper rates are now. The problem has been the weakening of trade unions, not immigrants.

So the problem of immigration resulting in people taking a hit on their wages is the fault of the Trade Unions. Immigration is blameless even though you yourself took a hit on your wages when the accession countries gained access.........ok :thumbsup:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I bet you would like me to leave you alone more like, this is what you said so which is the misquoting bit ?

Not sure why you are bringing in birthplace, perhaps because you see someone who is born abroad as part of the problem?

Or was it this snippet two days after the referendum, comedy gold.

But we will have another general election soon and we will elect a pro europe government and will stay in. Heard it here first

Deluded

Glad someone has been keeping tabs on what they have been saying, the bullcrap and lies need to be called out.
They wont like it though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Glad someone has been keeping tabs on what they have been saying, the bullcrap and lies need to be called out.
They wont like it though

Indeed, all this " we will be better off outside the EU " bollocks needs to be called out, especially when it is becoming ever more obvious that we won't.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So the problem of immigration resulting in people taking a hit on their wages is the fault of the Trade Unions. Immigration is blameless even though you yourself took a hit on your wages when the accession countries gained access.........ok :thumbsup:

No, it is the fault of Thatcher breaking the backs of trade unions. They were too powerful and needed some reform, but they have next to no power at all now and membership has dropped to less than half of the numbers from the 80's to today. My sparks mates were being undercut by guys from up north, leaving the EU won't stop that.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Indeed, all this " we will be better off outside the EU " bollocks needs to be called out, especially when it is becoming ever more obvious that we won't.

In 10 years time you will have the data to look back and be able to compare life in the EU v life out without the need for guesstimate forecasts.
Being able to control your own borders and having more laws made in Westminster and the increased accountability that comes with it are always going to be "better" scenarios anyway, obviously some people though think having less control and less accountability is an improvement, fortunately as per a recent vote they were found to be in a minority.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
No, it is the fault of Thatcher breaking the backs of trade unions. They were too powerful and needed some reform, but they have next to no power at all now and membership has dropped to less than half of the numbers from the 80's to today. My sparks mates were being undercut by guys from up north, leaving the EU won't stop that.

So its Thatchers fault mass immigration results in some people having to take a hit on their wages.........cool story, why didnt you lot think of blaming Thatcher before the referendum, seems a bit late to play the Thatcher card now.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Can't be bothered to read through and I think I've posted on here somewhere that I was reluctant remainer because I think the EU is in need of a massive re-think.

There is much focus (which is correct) about a small group of Conservative who are anti Europe who have ripped the party apart. In the Tories you have a pro European Leader who is too weak to stand up to them.

However let's not forget that the Labour has been taken over by an anti EU Leader whose views don't represent the majority of his MPs.

If you voted out and think you got "your way" think again. The side effect of Brexit is that it's opened a hornets nest of inter party division. You are unlikely to get a stable Government to make sure your wishes come true.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So its Thatchers fault mass immigration results in some people having to take a hit on their wages.........cool story, why didnt you lot think of blaming Thatcher before the referendum, seems a bit late to play the Thatcher card now.

Why didn't you think before the referendum?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Why didn't you think before the referendum?

I was thinking about real issues surrounding the EU before the referendum not invented ones, I was not concerning myself with blaming Thatcher that mass immigration makes some people take a hit on their wages because it is mass immigration that makes some people take a hit on their wages-Not Thatcher.
You are the only person I have ever heard say in the history of brexit debates that wage depression caused by mass immigration was Thatchers fault.
There is probably a good reason why its only you saying this. Take your tin foil hat off, you might see better.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Can't be bothered to read through and I think I've posted on here somewhere that I was reluctant remainer because I think the EU is in need of a massive re-think.

There is much focus (which is correct) about a small group of Conservative who are anti Europe who have ripped the party apart. In the Tories you have a pro European Leader who is too weak to stand up to them.

However let's not forget that the Labour has been taken over by an anti EU Leader whose views don't represent the majority of his MPs.

If you voted out and think you got "your way" think again. The side effect of Brexit is that it's opened a hornets nest of inter party division. You are unlikely to get a stable Government to make sure your wishes come true.

Members of Parliament voted to devolve the decision whether to stay IN or Leave The EU to the public.
It is not the job of a pro European PM to stand up to a small group of anti EU Tories and somehow ignore the vote.
It is her job as PM in the ruling gov to deliver leaving The EU as voted for by the public after a democratic process.
Corbyns silence is very telling, he is a lot of things but one thing he isn’t is undemocratic, he knows full well parliament must deliver on the public vote.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
In 10 years time you will have the data to look back and be able to compare life in the EU v life out without the need for guesstimate forecasts.
Being able to control your own borders and having more laws made in Westminster and the increased accountability that comes with it are always going to be "better" scenarios anyway, obviously some people though think having less control and less accountability is an improvement, fortunately as per a recent vote they were found to be in a minority.

UK governments have gone to war in Kuwait; depending on your perspective either destroyed public finances or public services; opted out of the single currency and Schengen; put in E-passport gates at Stansted that never seem to work; chosen the colour of our passports. They have brought in power sharing in N.Ireland and are now doing their best to screw it up…the list can go on.

I am really interested in what actual rights and freedoms this new self-determination will give us. Maybe the freedom for Tesco to stock freak strawberries the size of grapefruits; or KFC to serve us a bucket of chickens killed en-masse by experimental nerve gas; or to put children up chimneys 12 hours a day in a twisted Rees-Moggian fantasy. Are there any of these that will actually help and protect the majority of people?

D

Deleted member 22389

Not going well in Italy. Once again it confirms what we already know, that politicians and the EU have lost complete control of their borders and normal people want something doing about it. Left wing politicians have failed, and people will be voting for parties on the right to try and get things sorted out. My cousin is right when she said things are in a bad way.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5402115/Italy-nation-seething-anger.html

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I was thinking about real issues surrounding the EU before the referendum not invented ones, I was not concerning myself with blaming Thatcher that mass immigration makes some people take a hit on their wages because it is mass immigration that makes some people take a hit on their wages-Not Thatcher.
You are the only person I have ever heard say in the history of brexit debates that wage depression caused by mass immigration was Thatchers fault.
There is probably a good reason why its only you saying this. Take your tin foil hat off, you might see better.

I suspect a lot would blame Thatcher, but for the wrong reason, she was key to establishing the single market after all. When she was selling it to us, she said, "Just think for a moment what a prospect that is. A single market without barriers—visible or invisible—giving you direct and unhindered access to the purchasing power of over 300 million of the world's wealthiest and most prosperous people.

Bigger than Japan. Bigger than the United States. On your doorstep. And with the Channel Tunnel to give you direct access to it."

But ask people the question, do you think stronger unions could have prevented the temporary wage depression in construction trades? If you get a yes, ask them to work back to where unions started to lose power, you get to Thatcher.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You're getting a bit creepy with the research mate.

I bet I am mate, the difference is that some of the usual remain posters post absolutely undeniable rubbish then carry on as if their previous posts were accurate, it really isn't that difficult to find, jeeez just take a look its embarrassing, I have called a few out and will continue to do so if they contradict themselves, we get a daily dirge of anti UK economic data that isn't a fair or a true reflection on the overall functioning UK economy.

The UK's economy isnt perfect but it's doing ok at the moment and absolutely nothing like what was previously predicted, however some posters have been posting from the day after the referendum that it is 'crashing' 'it's third world' and even in 'recession' those are incontrovertibly not true and deserves ridicule how else can you challenge their claims, they will not accept anything other than their anti Tory and anti Brexit views, its their religion.

Please do not worry about the creepiness of it, they would have trawled back over my posts, but I don't post opinions as facts or use random favourable economic data as some obvious sign of future unfettered economic prosperity, snapshots might become trends that then might become facts, those posters latch on to a snapshot and post them as facts, its skewed.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I bet I am mate, the difference is that some of the usual remain posters post absolutely undeniable rubbish then carry on as if their previous posts were accurate, it really isn't that difficult to find, jeeez just take a look its embarrassing, I have called a few out and will continue to do so if they contradict themselves, we get a daily dirge of anti UK economic data that isn't a fair or true reflection on the overall functioning UK economy.

The UK's economy isnt perfect but it's doing ok at the moment and absolutely nothing like what was previously predicted, however some posters have been posting from the day after the referendum that it is 'crashing' 'it's third world' and even in 'recession' those are incontrovertibly not true and deserves ridicule how else can you challenge their claims, they will not accept anything other than their anti Tory and anti Brexit views, its their religion.

Please do not worry about the creepiness of it, they would have trawled back over my posts, but I don't post opinions as facts or use random favourable economic data as some obvious sign of future unfettered economic prosperity, snapshots might become trends that then might become facts, those posters latch on to a snapshot and post them as facts, its skewed.

I won't be trawling the thread looking to catch you out, but use of hyperbole is common to both sides of this argument, are you certain you have not used any? The EU has been described as a dictatiorship, Judges as traitors etc.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here