Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton press conference

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
LOL. Classic work from an NSC thicko.

Do you really think our PLAYERS give two hoots what Chris says in press conferences? They probably don't even know let alone care.

Do you really think Chris Hughton is guilty of serial poor man management and motivation because of the way he gives lip service respect to opponents in public?

Do you really think that Chris Hughton is not a proper footballing man with a burning passion for his club to aggressively and ruthlessly bring down their opponents and succeed in the league?

Do you really think that you know more than Chris Hughton about the best way to gather the most points from a season of professional football?

I suspect you have somehow convinced yourself of ALL of the above. The echo chamber element of NSC will have played a big part in your delusion.

Nope, none of it. My points were based on the OP which I admit I didn't pick up on it being a mock post. Just some built up frustration from recent games.

I will bow down to your superiority though and when I would like to give my opinion on something, I won't. I'll just tag you in a post so you can tell me what the right things to say are. ****.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
LOL. Classic work from an NSC thicko.

Do you really think our PLAYERS give two hoots what Chris says in press conferences? They probably don't even know let alone care.

Do you really think Chris Hughton is guilty of serial poor man management and motivation because of the way he gives lip service respect to opponents in public?

Do you really think that Chris Hughton is not a proper footballing man with a burning passion for his club to aggressively and ruthlessly bring down their opponents and succeed in the league?

Do you really think that you know more than Chris Hughton about the best way to gather the most points from a season of professional football?

I suspect you have somehow convinced yourself of ALL of the above. The echo chamber element of NSC will have played a big part in your delusion.

Spot on :thumbsup:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Nope, none of it. My points were based on the OP which I admit I didn't pick up on it being a mock post. Just some built up frustration from recent games.

I will bow down to your superiority though and when I would like to give my opinion on something, I won't. I'll just tag you in a post so you can tell me what the right things to say are. ****.
Loving the "just some built up frustration" justification... that's all right then. I just hope that we can somehow have a first 10 minutes on Saturday that are so good the more easily frustrated members of The Amex audience don't get any chance to start slagging off our manager and/or players. 2-0 up is probably the minimum requirement.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Obviously not. But there is a balance to be struck, and for my money, Chris is being too deferential to the opposition every week. Of course I'm not expecting him to be a gobby tubthumping goon, that's not his style. Be respectful of the opposition, but lets not be in awe of them, or afraid of them.

That's how he often seems to send us out though, its often how we look, and its no surprise, given his constant talking up of whoever we are playing. I want to hear him talking up OUR strengths, not theirs all the bloody time.

Well said...

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Loving the "just some built up frustration" justification... that's all right then. I just hope that we can somehow have a first 10 minutes on Saturday that are so good the more easily frustrated members of The Amex audience don't get any chance to start slagging off our manager and/or players. 2-0 up is probably the minimum requirement.

In all fairness, every game, you look at summaries and 'frustrating' always appears, Our word of the season. 'Frustrating' that we drew so many home games that were there for the taking. 'Frustrating' that we don't change tactics mid match. 'Frustrating' that Hughton doesn't make subs until after 60/70 mins or we're already 2-0 down. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. If you don't agree then fair enough, no need to be a **** about it.

A fellow fan who I sit with has had it in for Hughton's negativity longer than most and I have defended Hughton every time. He has worked wonders to get us where we are and I am over the moon that we are now in Feb and have yet to be in the relegation zone. It is really tight and there are several teams that can go down and a valid case can be made towards them going down.

Like most fans, I would've taken this position at this time of the season. It just frustrates me and others the way we play sometimes, the inability to keep hold of the ball, the whole not making subs/like for like subs.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I love Chris, but I DO think he is too cautious / defensive a lot of the time... there, I've said it... still, at least he's got a few more attacking options now... it only took the Recruitment team 2 years to plug the gap, so well done them! ;-)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nope, none of it. My points were based on the OP which I admit I didn't pick up on it being a mock post.
Although it was a mock post, who here will really be surprised if it's basically what Chris says when the time comes? And Moshe's point is that even if Chris does basically say that, it's "lip service respect to opponents in public" and not what he'll be saying to the players.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I love Chris, but I DO think he is too cautious / defensive a lot of the time... there, I've said it...
There's a poll just for you.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would like us to be more concerned with what we do and offer than what the oppositions strengths are and how strong they are or how experienced their manager is. Lets them worry about us and what we might do. It seems that we are the only team that respects league positions, when they are above us.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Alternatively, he might say: “West Ham are the biggest shower of shite we’ve played all season, and I expect us to turn them over just as easily this time round.”

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Agreed. It cannot be good for the squad psychologically to hear that every week they are going into the hardest game of their lives. Must be bloody knackering mentally to have that mindset. We are MORE than capable of being better than the following sides "on our day";

Swansea
Soton
West Brom
West Ham
Huddersfield
Newcastle
Palace

Let's start believing it a bit more, eh?

Watford (we'll give you a man head start)
Muff (4 for us 1 for you)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
...and post match

“I thought we were very good and frustrated them for long periods of the game. It’s disappointing to drop points when you are winning, especially when you are at home. However, in this league, every team has players that can hurt you and he’s one of those. We knew these (sic) like to get those kind of deliveries into the box and we should have dealt with it better. “

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If we get 3 points against West Ham on Saturday nobody will give a sh1t about anything Hughton has said in any of his press conferences so far this season.

2017/18 is all about getting a foothold in the Prem and nobody will care how we stay up as long as we stay up. The board failed to deliver Hughton a striker in the summer window and we were promptly installed as the bookies favourites to finish bottom. We've got to this point in 15th place. He's just got to keep doing what he's been doing and hope Locadia / Ulloa finish better than Hemed / Murray.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
...and post match

“I thought we were very good and frustrated them for long periods of the game. It’s disappointing to drop points when you are winning, especially when you are at home. However, in this league, every team has players that can hurt you and he’s one of those. We knew these (sic) like to get those kind of deliveries into the box and we should have dealt with it better. “

"Soft goals" as Chris often says

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

But that is not what a lot are saying is it. 2-0, shmoo nil...what is wanted is positivity...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here