Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dembele wants out of Celtic, newspapers reporting we're interested

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Seems Palace are eyeing up this lad: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....754/celtic-moussa-dembele-crystal-palace/amp/

Most of the bottom 10 are after a striker, we’re going to have to pay top dollar for the the players that have been mentioned or hopefully find an unknown bargain somewhere such as we did with Groß.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's the only way I see us brining in a striker - a largely unknown player, a risk but someone who could be the answer without breaking the bank

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I thought this one was dead (if it ever had been alive)? But I seriously need good news if a striker coming in.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Assuming we were interested I’d be really disappointed if we hadn’t given him and his agent a deadline to sign for us or **** off.

Haven’t we played this brinksmanship enough already?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Assuming we were interested I’d be really disappointed if we hadn’t given him and his agent a deadline to sign for us or **** off.

Haven’t we played this brinksmanship enough already?

And I would also hope that the deadline has expired by now.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Question- why would a striker want to come to Brighton at the moment seeing the lack of service that our current two receive at the moment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Question- why would a striker want to come to Brighton at the moment seeing the lack of service that our current two receive at the moment!

Exactly why would anyone come to this club with our current form over say a team in form like Palace or at least a team that is more adventurous like Bournemouth or even Huddersfield that attack.

Complete no brainer, we are not an attractive proposition to any striker and I fully expect this to be the reason why are finding it hard to sign someone and why we won’t be able to.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The club....the fans......and the team ,need a couple of quality signings,to get us all going again .

Certainly do. It will be easier to be optimistic next Saturday with some new signings

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Question- why would a striker want to come to Brighton at the moment seeing the lack of service that our current two receive at the moment?
1). The chance to play in the PL;
2). The chance to play for a good manager at a well run club where he's likely to be a regular starter;
3). The potential to enjoy the experience of being a 'main man' at a decent club;
4). The potential for the move to be a stepping stone to bigger things in a year or two;
5). The chance to live and work in a lovely part of the country (and which is probably just about affordable if you're on £40K or more a week).

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
1). The chance to play in the PL;
2). The chance to play for a good manager at a well run club where he's likely to be a regular starter;
3). The potential to enjoy the experience of being a 'main man' at a decent club;
4). The potential for the move to be a stepping stone to bigger things in a year or two;
5). The chance to live and work in a lovely part of the country (and which is probably just about affordable if you're on £40K or more a week).

You haven't answered to main point of the statement.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I still think we should sign Dembele.

He is the natural long term replacement for Murray.

Locadia should be Hemed’s replacement with the Israeli striker going to Fulham as part of the Cairney deal.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I still think we should sign Dembele.

He is the natural long term replacement for Murray.

Locadia should be Hemed’s replacement with the Israeli striker going to Fulham as part of the Cairney deal.

Sounds good. Fulham won't play ball though

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Exactly why would anyone come to this club with our current form over say a team in form like Palace or at least a team that is more adventurous like Bournemouth or even Huddersfield that attack.

Complete no brainer, we are not an attractive proposition to any striker and I fully expect this to be the reason why are finding it hard to sign someone and why we won’t be able to.
:facepalm: :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sounds good. Fulham won't play ball though

They need a striker.

Hemed has been good at Craven Cottage.

Cairney must fancy the Premier League with relegation threatened West Brom all over him like a stripey rash - we’d be a closer, better set-up option for him.

The biggest problem is us getting a better striker than Hemed to replace him.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I could never see us signing Dembele if Knockhaert played for Celtic they would be asking £50m for him. The league is no better than league 1 and we wouldn't spend £20m on a league 1 striker.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Watching Locadias highlight reel he has played a lot as a winger so can see a striker coming and both being regular starters.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I could never see us signing Dembele if Knockhaert played for Celtic they would be asking £50m for him. The league is no better than league 1 and we wouldn't spend £20m on a league 1 striker.

To say that because a league is weak, then all players in that league are poor is illogical. By your reasoning because Henrik Larsson played for Celtic he was no better than a league one level striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here