Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Klopp......ungracious toe rag

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
To be fair the ref tried his best to keep wba in the game by ignoring a penalty, a red card and giving the home team dodgy free kicks

Let's blame the ref then for the fact that Liverpool couldn't defend a 2-0 lead with a few minutes to go.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Bit unusual for Klopp - he’s one of the most honest managers post match. I think he must be well hacked off at defence not holding on again.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Bit unusual for Klopp - he’s one of the most honest managers post match. I think he must be well hacked off at defence not holding on again.

Acted a bit of a knob at the Amex this season, No one does honesty like Hughton. That is a fact.

Last edited:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I saw his comments earlier on the BBC website:

"I don't think that point will help West Brom massively, it is a complete waste of points. They don't need it, we would have needed it," Klopp added.

"They are happy now, we are not happy. We stay in the league, they don't stay in the league - it is a strange situation."

"West Brom decided not to water the pitch at half-time and that makes it difficult," the German said.

"It makes a massive difference. A team like West Brom do not need a wet pitch, they can do it next year playing on a dry pitch in the Championship."

What a prat.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton

For real? The guy gets away with murder. Whenever ANY referee call goes against him he’s a total bellend to anyone unfortunate enough to be interviewing him.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I thought Liverpool were robbed by the ref.

Oh well.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It's funny, I ususally keep up with the football on the Sporting Life website.
They have their score predictions bloke that gives his guess to what the scores will be.
I saw what his prediction was for the WBA v Liverpool games was and had a chuckle as it was for a 2 - 2 final scoreline.
Should have put some coin on it.
Stupid comments by Klopp, match fixing anyone ?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
He came across as a total bell, I mean a TOTAL bell. Embarrassed himself completely.
Loves to play the jaunty japer when things are going well, but my God what a tool when things go against him.
Particularly distasteful is his habit of patronising (close to bullying, attempted at least) of TV reporters.
As for his dig at West Brom in the Championship, totally classless.
A first class Hampton.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
He was a complete and utter **** in that interview. He was angry WBA didn't water the pitch to help his players pass the ball quicker?
It's just as well he doesn't play cricket as he would be moaning about the wickets all the time.
2 nil up and they f@cked it up, no one else to blame. The good news for us is they might play a better team against Stoke on Saturday

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
2nd only to Lothar Matthäus as an ungracious German

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Why exactly should he congratulate WBA for finishing the match with all eleven players on the pitch when clearly they shouldn't have?

When you are playing a team going down, you don't rub their noses in it. Unless it's Palace of course.:)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
He was a complete and utter **** in that interview. He was angry WBA didn't water the pitch to help his players pass the ball quicker?
It's just as well he doesn't play cricket as he would be moaning about the wickets all the time.
2 nil up and they f@cked it up, no one else to blame. The good news for us is they might play a better team against Stoke on Saturday

Oh, I agree on the ungracious bit, but that is quite a German thing.

After certain events in the past the whole country has this default mentality where to appear to be domineering and driven has to be strangely Muted.

I worked with a lot of German engineers and Project managers and, let me tell you, they are VERY competitive and very dismissive of non Germans but you have to get behind that to get the best out of them.

So here's Klopp, his team is one of the most exciting and vibrant in Europe, on the verge of a massive game against Roma, being kicked all over the park by WBA and he doesn't like it.

He can be very angry, certainly you see his veiled aggression in his post match stuff...he really would prefer to not have Firminho or Salahs legs broken on a dry as rock pitch or punched on the ground by "struggling" WBA who are pretty much gone already.

He did exactly what Fergie or any other competititive manager would, he moaned, objected and whined...but I'm sure, when he's looking at the CL trophy in Anfields trophy cabinet he will forgive himself.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here