Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moving the away fans

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Been mentioned many times. The Amex has been designed and built to house away fans in that end and it would require costly structural changes to alter this. Having said that, if it was worth even 1 point during the campaign, these costs endured could be worth it in the end.

I guess moving the away section to the corner would cost a few million, but wonder if Mr Bloom could be persuaded following recent windfalls? (Cucurella sale; Potter compensation).

Would love to see it, personally.

(And, yes, I know we run at a loss etc etc)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
keep the away fans far away from the action as possible like we did at withdeen - being mr nice guys won't keep us in the premier league.

'What's it like to be in Hove'

Maybe Tone should have built an away stand in the South West, 100 yards away from the rest of the ground, with a Hammer net in between, just for tradition :thumbsup:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Definitely the north end of the East would be the spot.

Big issue is that ST in the South are cheaper than in the East, so a loss in revenue for the club.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Not totally out of the question but would need to reassign seat pricing for neighbouring blocks and incentivise existing ticket holders to move.

If home fans were redeployed to large areas of the south this would need to be priced as a zone A to mirror the north pricing if this was deemed to be a singing section

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Big issue is that ST in the South are cheaper than in the East, so a loss in revenue for the club.

Not many season ticket holders in the south , as it is full of away fans ,
Much better off in the south west corner

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
All entitled to an opinion mate, obviosly you would prefer away fans where they are which is fair enough. Thats YOUR opinion and mine is different
Have you not read what he actually said? He didn't actually say that moving away fans per se was a bad idea. He was simply pointing out the obvious issue that a group of Albion fans who might love their current seats would be forced to move. And in this instance he was miffed that you were seemingly nominating him to move.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

The majority of the North get out sung by the West stand now, away support would drown them out totally……

South East for me.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
NE for me , get our lot to remember the passion we had at The Goldstone , that was the NE (the pen) gave us a reason to out sing them , made for a great atmosphere . Why should we give any advantage away . Our lads facing home Supporters at both ends is the way imho .

After all , who`s bloody ground is it , ours or theirs , and do they make us that welcome (do they bollox) . UTA

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I have no idea what the logic of this is.

Give them better/more expensive seats for the same money?

Make it even easier for them to embarrass the North Stand?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I thought that at the last fans forum, Barber said it was something the club were looking at doing although nothing would change this season.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You have to be joking? Haven’t heard anything from the West Stand for years.

In the West Upper, I hear us lot a great deal, not much less than the north in fact. It has been covered loads that the Amex has 'individual' acoustic qualities. Frequently people in the north state what a great atmosphere in there but although I can see people are singing, it's not that loud up in the gods.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The majority of the North get out sung by the West stand now, away support would drown them out totally……

South East for me.

Not from where I sit………would say the ‘usual’ is something like :

North - sings a lot, but in 2/3 distinct groups (NW corner, group under the Police Box and group under the screen ?) that don’t join up, and mostly way too fast
West - usually follows North, but soon dies out, nothing much other than ‘Aaaaalbion’ now and again apart from that
East - can’t hear anything from the West

Think if we could locate away fans near the North then things would get much better/louder - North groups would synch (responding to away) and rest would join in.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I have no idea what the logic of this is.

It's simply about not giving fans an 'away end' - it's highly unusual.

I thought that at the last fans forum, Barber said it was something the club were looking at doing although nothing would change this season.

Can't expect it to change mid-season, but would be nice if plans were drawn up.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Have you not read what he actually said? He didn't actually say that moving away fans per se was a bad idea. He was simply pointing out the obvious issue that a group of Albion fans who might love their current seats would be forced to move. And in this instance he was miffed that you were seemingly nominating him to move.

Totally agree.

I understand the arguments for moving the away fans and if we had put them say in the NE from the start I think it would have been a good move and would have improved the atmosphere. For reasons that I don't know, the club decided to stick them in the S. Moving them now would mean the club kicking out STHs who have perhaps had their STs since day one. And that would make us no better than the scumbags up the road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here