Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catching a Mouse - What am I Doing Wrong?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Get a cat... Job done. I got two so they have no chance of escaping.

My cat brought the mouse in! The silly thing brought it in, whilst still alive, stood back to admire his trophy, when the mouse, seizing it's chance, flew into a gap between the washing machine & a cupboard.

Chocolate works, as cheese is too crumbly. It was dead within one night as soon as we'd bought a trap.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I had a problem with mice a couple of years back and found that the humane traps, baited with a small piece of cream cracker worked a treat. Releasing them down the back alley was the worst part as it's like the Cat Bronx.... They sure scuttled off fast.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
We used a humane trap with peanut butter, placed along the side of a wall, when we had some a few years back.
Worked really well, though I wasn't sure after about three trips out to the local park, whether I was taking them for a short day trip before they returned home, or there were more of them than I thought! Worked after a bit though :lolol:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
had a problem at home a few years back and asked the professional who did my business to come round and sort it.
he laid out glue traps with a little peanut butter.

next morning, result first mouse caught.
unfortunately i didnt realise how strong these traps were, i decided to release the little chap back into the neighbours garden and went to pull him off the trap,
i basically deskinned him in one move amongst much painful squealing .

couldnt face it so luzzed the trap and the still screaming mouse over the fence and pretented it never happened

Last edited:

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

had a problem at home a few years back and asked the professional who did my business to come round and sort it.

unfortunately i didnt realise how strong these traps were, i decided to release the little chap back into the neighbours garden and went to pull him off the trap,

couldnt face it so luzzed the trap and mouse over the fence and pretented it never happened
That's horrible, but it made me chuckle..
(Tried to give it thumbs up, but appear to have given thumbs down!?)

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
fd139c8283dca214601175b3944ac8a9.jpg

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Another vote for the Rat Zapper, they won't know a thing about it and you just tip the ex-rodent into your bin.

We were told to use Dry Cat Food as using peanut butter means you have scrape it off the contact plates and then swab them with methylated spirits after each kill. Mice & Rats seem to love it as much as peanut butter.

If you have a Rat problem and you are using a Zapper it is best to bait it and not switch it on for a few times as they are quite cautious. After they have taken the bait a few times they get used to entering the Zapper and you can then activate it and its bye bye Mr Rat.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I had a problem with mice a couple of years back and found that the humane traps, baited with a small piece of cream cracker worked a treat. Releasing them down the back alley was the worst part as it's like the Cat Bronx.... They sure scuttled off fast.

Used similar traps when two decided to tuck into my home grown potato crop in the under stair cupboard. Peanut butter and both caught. I read that you need to release them over a mile away or they come back. So both now have a rural home in the compost bin at the allotment.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand

couldnt face it so luzzed the trap and the still screaming mouse over the fence and pretented it never happened

You pulled off a mouse and he squealed? No wonder you pretended it never happened!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Used similar traps when two decided to tuck into my home grown potato crop in the under stair cupboard. Peanut butter and both caught. I read that you need to release them over a mile away or they come back. So both now have a rural home in the compost bin at the allotment.
I know they are clever but I'd like to see them get through a double glazed back door.

It might be illuminating to see which camp Mr Trump is on on this subject....have a feeling he would be a " Zapper "

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I know they are clever but I'd like to see them get through a double glazed back door.

It might be illuminating to see which camp Mr Trump is on on this subject....have a feeling he would be a " Zapper "

Humane trap and waterboarding in the outside sink until they tell where the nest is.Then a $15bn wall that they can climb over or tunnel under and make them pay for it with cheese.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here