Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley win over Leeds is huge.......

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But at the same time if Warnock sets his Cardiff team up not to lose at home against us he's hardly likely to set them up for a win on Tuesday. As long as we keep it tight and are patient I think we'll be okay
I get what you're saying, but it'll just be business as usual. Attack, attack, attack attack attack. Patient yes, but just attack from the off and keep going.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I live in Leeds, the arrogance of their fans is truly amazing. Best players, best fans, best stadium in the league. Unbelievable.

Best result that they lost Barnsley. Hope they lose to Huddersfield in play offs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I live in Leeds, the arrogance of their fans is truly amazing. Best players, best fans, best stadium in the league.
That can only mean one thing - they've got a shit manager. They should get rid asap.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
That can only mean one thing - they've got a shit manager. They should get rid asap.

i don't know how there is possibly room in this country for both Leeds and Shitfield Wednesday..... they are both so wonderful, so gifted, so blessed with God given rights

oh if only we were half as good as them

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
A win for Chelsea today puts them 9 point clear at the top and the pundits say it's all over for the title race.
A win for us v Cardiff puts us 11 points clear of third place, plus a huge GD. 9 points and it's all over for Chelsea, 11 points for BHA must mean ......?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
A win for Chelsea today puts them 9 point clear at the top and the pundits say it's all over for the title race.
A win for us v Cardiff puts us 11 points clear of third place, plus a huge GD. 9 points and it's all over for Chelsea, 11 points for BHA must mean ......?

They're not in a league where anyone can beat anyone :)

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
They're not in a league where anyone can beat anyone :)

No but...
Third placed huddersfield have to play Dirty Leeds, Reading, us and Newcastle. All at home
Dirty Leeds have to play away at Reading and Newcastle & home to Massive and us.
Reading have to come to us , Hudds and Massive, they also have Newcastle and Leeds at home

Of the three, I think Huddersfield have the most winnable fixtures against the others but I cannot see them taking 12 points, maybe 7 or 8.
On paper it's too big an ask for any of them to make up the ground. On grass however....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
i don't know how there is possibly room in this country for both Leeds and Shitfield Wednesday..... they are both so wonderful, so gifted, so blessed with God given rights

oh if only we were half as good as them
Deep down I know you're right, but this season Wednesday are being so sensible and modest, with barely a backward homophobic remark, that I can't criticise them.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Were Leeds Champions of Europe Utd ever to play Sheffield Massive Wednesday :lolol: in the Premier League, I don't think there is a ground in the country that could possibly accommodate such a HUGE game.

On that basis, I believe they would be made to play it in the Large Hadron Collider in Geneva, enabling the vast, vast numbers of spectators to be blasted by the particle accelerator, creating a black hole in the very fabric of time itself that would enable at least 2 million to attend the game.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Were Leeds Champions of Europe Utd ever to play Sheffield Massive Wednesday :lolol: in the Premier League, I don't think there is a ground in the country that could possibly accommodate such a HUGE game.

On that basis, I believe they would be made to play it in the Large Hadron Collider in Geneva, enabling the vast, vast numbers of spectators to blasted by the particle accelerator, creating a black hole in the very fabric of time itself that would enable at least 2 million to attend the game.

It's basically the Irresistible Force Paradox in action.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just a 16 point swing between us and Rotherham needed now before we can start the "They can't catch us" thread :thumbsup:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
No but...
Third placed huddersfield have to play Dirty Leeds, Reading, us and Newcastle. All at home
Dirty Leeds have to play away at Reading and Newcastle & home to Massive and us.
Reading have to come to us , Hudds and Massive, they also have Newcastle and Leeds at home

Of the three, I think Huddersfield have the most winnable fixtures against the others but I cannot see them taking 12 points, maybe 7 or 8.
On paper it's too big an ask for any of them to make up the ground. On grass however....

The smile was because I think it's an overused term, of course there are exceptions but stands to reason that teams at the top will generally beat teams at the bottom

Huddrs have a difficult run coming up, their next 9 are home to BHA, Leeds, Newcastle, Reading and Villa and away at QPR, Rotherham, Barnsley and Wolves. They are going to find that tough and can see them dropping away.

Leeds appear to have an easier set of fixtures but as you say it's on grass, not paper

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

All fine if you're not going to take into account the 9 available points differential between divisions with 20 team and 24 teams competing.

Other than that, crack on sunshine.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Villa are 21 points behind with only 19 to play. And we have a game in hand.

A bigger gap than I thought, but then I don't look at that gap below, just keep pace with Newcastle & that will do us. Maye I should have said that I think Villa & Derby will do better than Leeds & Weds.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Huddrs have a difficult run coming up... They are going to find that tough and can see them dropping away.

Everybody said that about us last season and we fought like fury to the last kick of the season. I prefer not to bank on anybody else falling away. Come to think of it, I prefer not to bank on anything at all. With each passing match we have one less to worry about the chasing pack catching us up, so why do I worry more?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here